Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Very Old Parallax question - PIC16C5X-PGM & PIC16C5X-EMU — Parallax Forums

Very Old Parallax question - PIC16C5X-PGM & PIC16C5X-EMU

I know this is really, really old stuff. Was only wondering if there is anyone that can help me.
I did a number of designs using the PIC16C75 and still have a lot of the OTP's.
Thought I would at least ask my question, before contemplating getting new development hardware.
They were both working when I retired them, a long time ago.
They use the printer port on my pc. PC sends out a 150ms pulse, but nothing happens from the other end. Any ideas will be great!
Thanks in advance!

Mike

Comments

• kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    Wow, that's a blast from the past. Can't even find a datasheet on it. If you are really ambitious and have the documentation for coding and programming the PIC16C75/JW you might be able to use a Propeller to program the PIC, but that will require a lot of work.

I would suggest learning to program the Propeller instead, but if you really want to use PIC's take a look at this site. You can find development boards for several micros.
  • In 1997 we sold the remaining PIC Programmer line to https://www.tech-tools.com/techtools-contact.htm. If you contact them and ask for Jerry he might be able to get you back up on-line in no time at all. Good folks, and saved us from ourselves at the time.
  • Thanks for the info Ken...
    I'll do that.
  • I realize this might be a futile effort kwinn. I might have to resort to more modern means.
    I did a number of PIC16C57 projects for several companies and really liked working with it.
    Thanks!
    Mike

• Ken Gracey wrote: »
    In 1997 we sold the remaining PIC Programmer line to https://www.tech-tools.com/techtools-contact.htm. If you contact them and ask for Jerry he might be able to get you back up on-line in no time at all. Good folks, and saved us from ourselves at the time.

In around 1995 Parallax and tech-tools saved me from defeat working with the PIC16C64. Thanks Parallax!