Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
simple IDE - "Permission denied" error. — Parallax Forums

simple IDE - "Permission denied" error.

msiriwardenamsiriwardena Posts: 301
edited 2020-12-17 19:57 in Propeller 1
I installed the latest version of simple IDE and it failed compilation. "permission denied" error.
Here is the problem :
Project Directory: C:/Users/msiri/Documents/SimpleIDE/My Projects/

SimpleIDE Version 1.1.2
C:/Users/msiri/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/
C:/Users/msiri/Documents/SimpleIDE/ Updated on: 2020-12-14

propeller-elf-gcc.exe -v GCC 4.6.1 (propellergcc_v1_0_0_2408)
propeller-elf-gcc.exe -I . -L . -I C:/Users/msiri/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/Utility/libsimpletools -L C:/Users/msiri/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/Utility/libsimpletools/cmm/ -I C:/Users/msiri/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/TextDevices/libsimpletext -L C:/Users/msiri/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/TextDevices/libsimpletext/cmm/ -I C:/Users/msiri/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/Protocol/libsimplei2c -L C:/Users/msiri/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/Protocol/libsimplei2c/cmm/ -o cmm/Welcome.elf -Os -mcmm -m32bit-doubles -fno-exceptions -std=c99 Welcome.c -lm -lsimpletools -lsimpletext -lsimplei2c -lm -lsimpletools -lsimpletext -lm -lsimpletools -lm
cc1.exe: fatal error: Welcome.c: Permission denied
compilation terminated.
Done. Build Failed!

Click error or warning messages above to debug.

I hope someone can resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Siri

Comments

• I found the issue,the simple IDE files and folders had permission set to "Read only" after changes the to "read write",the "Permission denied error" in simple ide" was resolved.

Siri
  • BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    This happens to me if dropbox is running.
    I guess it sees the file changed, and tries to update the cloud but then the compiler can't open it.
    I really wish dropbox would put in a delay option. People have been asking for it for years.

Bean