Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Connecting a TI-84+ to the Prop BOE — Parallax Forums

Connecting a TI-84+ to the Prop BOE

AwesomeCronkAwesomeCronk Posts: 1,055
edited 2020-12-17 17:33 in Propeller 1
I would like to connect my TI-84+ to the Prop BOE. I chose this board because it has a 3.5mm stereo jack that fits my 2.5 to 3.5 cable for the calculator's I/O port. Do I need to make any interfacing circuit between the calculator and Prop BOE? Is there a good TI I/O driver that I can compile into a C project with flexspin?

Comments

• Audio outputs won't work for this, they're AC-coupled (and potentially amplified!).

Anyways, it just so happens that I remember watching a video about this exact topic. There's a link to some code in the description.
  • AwesomeCronkAwesomeCronk Posts: 1,055
    edited 2020-12-17 19:50
    It is actually a cable from a model train kit and was never intended for audio. You meant the PropBOE's stereo port, gotcha. Thanks for the link, I will look at the code you mentioned and see what I can get out of it!
  • Hello!
    AC, take a look at my BASIC Stamp2 to TI-83Plus projects. The code on the stamp is pretty easy to grok however the code on the calculator is itself complicated. The fellow who runs a small robots shop in Las Vegas North, wrote a Calculator BASIC code blob, and Calculator Assembly one that supported the ability to throw data back and forth between the two.

Anyway so far the droid on the video is quite close to being right.
    --

Meanwhile the droids on an island near Seattle are preparing to take it over.
  • I began writing an object for my TI-85, inspired by this Nuts&Volts article, but never got around to finishing it.
    Looks like there's a follow up article.
  • AwesomeCronk,

I ran across this post a while back and I have been meaning to try it out.
    https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/95591/ti-92-calculator-low-level-driver-checking-interest