Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Cluso's P2 RetroBlade2 Single Chip Computer (small stock and build to order) - Page 9 — Parallax Forums

Cluso's P2 RetroBlade2 Single Chip Computer (small stock and build to order)

Comments

• Got mine today in AZ!!
  • Good deal! USPS is on the case.
  • Got mine in California! Plan on showing it off tomorrow!

Ken Gracey
  • Ken Gracey wrote: »
    Got mine in California! Plan on showing it off tomorrow!

Ken Gracey

Second one is for Chip. You going to keep Flash or Non-Flash? :)
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    Nice to see all these boards arriving in the USA :)

If you have any questions, just ask!
  • Publison wrote: »
    Ken Gracey wrote: »

Ken Gracey

I'm keeping non-Flash and sending the Flash version to Chip.

But first I'll get them both photographed for all of us. This is a wonderful little system!

Ken Gracey
    Publison wrote: »

Ken Gracey

But first I'll get them both photographed for all of us. This is a wonderful little system!

Ken Gracey

Thanks Ken. Now we'll have to teach you CPM ;)
  • Cluso99 wrote: »

Ken Gracey

Ken Gracey

That's a challenge. We need a CPM page on the Propeller 2 section of our web site. Maybe we can work on that over the holidays.

Ken Gracey
  • Cluso99 wrote: »
    When your orders arrive, could you please let me know, here or by email (address in first post) as I like to keep track of how long it takes :sunglasses:

If anyone else wants boards just let me know here. I'm making some more this week.

Mine arrived today (in California USA). The board looks awesome, and I can't wait to try VGA!
    I paid @Cluso99 $45 (with flash option). Now should I pay @Publison for his shipping cost? If so, is it $2.00?

Ditto... mine actually arrived in Thousand Oaks, CA yesterday. Also want to know how much I owe @Publison
    Cluso99 wrote: »

Ken Gracey

Ken Gracey

That's a challenge. We need a CPM page on the Propeller 2 section of our web site. Maybe we can work on that over the holidays.

Ken Gracey
    Definitely would be nice Ken, but its' not quite ready for prime time yet.
  • Got mine today along with ManAtWork's board... All looks great! Thanks to both of you for designing these and to Publison for distribution...

Cheers,
    Jesse
  • Got mine yesterday in Oregon.
  • It's here at last, Now for some fun
    Excellent news :sunglasses:
    I think Stephen said on zoom yesterday his had arrived. So that means all the US shipments have arrived via Jim. The others posted to various countries have started to arrive, with Germany being the first. Waiting for Canada, UK and Taiwan boards to arrive.
  • frank freedmanfrank freedman Posts: 1,974
    edited 2020-12-19 10:00
    All dressed up and ready to play....

4032 x 3024 - 3M
    edited 2020-12-19 17:19
    Looks good but you’re missing a link to the reset. You either need to select the “bypass transistor” if using a propplug, or “transistor reset” if using a USB-Serial cheapie.

Unless of course, you’re not downloading. And also, it will work the first time, but since you cannot remotely reset the board it will not download a second time.

BTW there is another thread (link in first post) which gives setup info, and some example programs to try.
  • Thx for the link. Had not seen it yet. Is the source for the Z80 emulation available to play with?

Thanks for a very nicely done board.

FF
    Thx for the link. Had not seen it yet. Is the source for the Z80 emulation available to play with?

Thanks for a very nicely done board.

FF
    IIRC no. Neither my OS nor Z80/CPM are really close to prelim status. When I’ve had time I’ve been trying to get the OS into a reasonable state. I am trying to get both to the point where I’ve decoupled the SD and serial drivers from the calling routines. Progress has been difficult with the lack of debug facilities, especially since my ROM debug code has been rendered obsolete. Previously I’ve been able to call the debugger from any cog at any time, but moving to the new serial driver prevents this and I’m now finding problems which are difficult to get to the bottom of.
  • hinvhinv Posts: 1,252
    I think Stephen said on zoom yesterday his had arrived. So that means all the US shipments have arrived via Jim. The others posted to various countries have started to arrive, with Germany being the first. Waiting for Canada, UK and Taiwan boards to arrive.

Yeah! Kudos to you, Ray for getting this developed and delivered so fast. I'm having fun learning TAQOZ right now, which I wanted to play with ever since I saw Peter's demo of it.
    hinv wrote: »

Yeah! Kudos to you, Ray for getting this developed and delivered so fast. I'm having fun learning TAQOZ right now, which I wanted to play with ever since I saw Peter's demo of it.

TAQOZ is fantastic even tho I've never taken the time to learn it. The reversed notation screws with my head and I don't know the words. But when Peter gives me a one0liner it works great! Used TAQOZ to verify the Flash works on those boards with flash.
  • hinvhinv Posts: 1,252
    Since you are not using the other I/O near the VGA why don't you hook up the I2C PnP on the VGA just for the fun of it? Also the SD pulldown value should be 1M since the card's pullup is fairly weak.
    (my pcbs were just a tad behind my parts shipment and will be here Monday)

Is monitor ID determined through I2C? If so, this would be handy if another rev is done. Also QPI on the microSD would be handy also.

I'm not complaining, BTW, I am enjoying my RetroBlade2. I just found this while looking through the history for TAQOZ lines to execute. Forth rocks!
    edited 2020-12-22 16:37
    hinv wrote: »
    Since you are not using the other I/O near the VGA why don't you hook up the I2C PnP on the VGA just for the fun of it? Also the SD pulldown value should be 1M since the card's pullup is fairly weak.
    (my pcbs were just a tad behind my parts shipment and will be here Monday)

Is monitor ID determined through I2C? If so, this would be handy if another rev is done. Also QPI on the microSD would be handy also.

I'm not complaining, BTW, I am enjoying my RetroBlade2. I just found this while looking through the history for TAQOZ lines to execute. Forth rocks!
    Would be easy enough to just add wires on the underside of the pcb from the VGA pins to those P20 & P21 edge pads under the VGA to give it a try. Once they’re hardwired tho, they’re unusable for anything else.
    Similarly, the microSD D0-3 could be wired to those tiny pads P52-55 using Kynar wire. You would need to go from the microSD connector, over the edge of the pcb, and back to the pads on the underside. Completely doable. Note that GarryJ’s USB code would now need to use P56 & 57 as the extra comms pins instead.
  • ColeyColey Posts: 1,108
    Arrived today, thanks Ray, Happy New Year! ;-)
    @Coley Happy New Year Graham! :sunglasses:

Here is the link for playing with the RetroBlade thread
    forums.parallax.com/discussion/172556/clusos-retroblade2-your-board-s-have-arrived-so-what-to-do-next/p1?new=1
    Got it working, put your VGA demo onto a uSD card, plugged it in and hey presto it worked ;-)
  • @Cluso99

Sounds good.
    Coley wrote: »

That's encouraging :+1:

Hopefully, there'll be a second one in this town soon.
    Had some bad experiences with deliveries lately.
    Mickster wrote: »

Mine took just under 5 weeks so yours can't be far away. Happy New Year!
    Mickster wrote: »
    @Cluso99

Sounds good.
    Coley wrote: »

That's encouraging :+1:

I am sorry @Mickster. Yours slipped thru the cracks and I haven't sent it yet :(
    I'll try and get it out Tuesday as I work Monday and don't get time to go to the PO.
  • @Cluso99

HI
    I am sorry @Mickster. Yours slipped thru the cracks and I haven't sent it yet :(

um- did mine slip through a crack too?

Dave
    tritonium wrote: »
    @Cluso99

HI

um- did mine slip through a crack too?

Dave
    Sorry yes. I have 3 I need to get out. I mistakingly thought I only owed one just prior to xmas and I had no chance to get it out before xmas. I've learnt in the past there is no point in shipping between the last week before xmas and the new year as many xmas parcels just go missing - not sure if it becomes xmas for someone else, or they get dumped, or whatever, or they just turn up months later. I should have said this here, but work was frantic and I messed up :(