Shop Learn
P2D2 - An open hardware reference design for the P2 CPU - Page 34 — Parallax Forums

P2D2 - An open hardware reference design for the P2 CPU

13031323436

Comments

  • ErNaErNa Posts: 1,488
    We all are waiting for Peter so send the initial results of his placing components to the right place. But as Peter is well known as a perfectionist, he needs to double check everything, so no cap or resistor is missed and they all are in place. Finally he needs a certificate by his government and as he missed that, he had to recount every single component manually and he also had to check that all the values are printed correctly, then to double check them with a multimeter, what sometimes could only be done by cutting traces, which have to be checked when repaired and in the end he asked some people in the neighborhood to give him a final certification as those neighbors know, that Peter is a guy, you can rely on. After all this done he will finally concede to have his work done and send the board out to the world. If the G20 leaders agree, as there is some rumor that the P2 will spread like a pandemic and that makes some nervous.
    Fingers crossed, the P2D2 +++ will be available at cristmas time.
  • I'd rather have the board right than fast. You rarely can have both. I'm speaking from my own experience only.
  • ErNaErNa Posts: 1,488
    What a wake-up this morning! The sky dark and cloudy, the temperature arount the freezing point of water and then the latest news: a letter of confirmation for the upcoming transition process: Peter is going to send first samples of the P2D2 to Europe! All the other informations this morning are marginal to the world! What a coincidence!
    For those that ordered board or showed interest: the next batch is underway soon and everyone will be satisfied!
  • YEAAAH!
  • Any update on the availability in EU, anybody ?

    As a happy user of the KISS board from ManAtWork (this KISS board rocks, I can tell you) I'm in no particular rush.

    However, I have a project in mind that could use the RTC and a Si5351 parts conveniently mounted on the P2D2.
    Any chances to get it before Christmas 2020 ?
  • Maciek wrote: »
    Any update on the availability in EU, anybody ?

    As a happy user of the KISS board from ManAtWork (this KISS board rocks, I can tell you) I'm in no particular rush.

    However, I have a project in mind that could use the RTC and a Si5351 parts conveniently mounted on the P2D2.
    Any chances to get it before Christmas 2020 ?

    The sample kits I sent out a week ago via DHL to @ErNa have been back and forth to the customs office and I believe he has had a very tough time with them indeed. Once I find out what needs to be done in that regard I can send out another shipment as they only take a few days to deliver normally. So at this stage if all goes well shipments should arrive in the US and EU by the end of next week.
  • Any timeframe for the local Oz shipments Peter?
  • ... So at this stage if all goes well shipments should arrive in the US and EU by the end of next week.

    Good news then. Many thanks, Peter.

    Please also do not forget to figure out the prices for whatever modules you have sent.
    ErNa is aware of my wish list already.
  • rogloh wrote: »
    Any timeframe for the local Oz shipments Peter?
    I will try to send out the local orders on Monday then so you should get them by Wednesday at the latest.
  • roglohrogloh Posts: 2,921
    edited 2020-12-04 14:27
    Sounds great. I'll test out your HyperRAM on the P2PAL if that is part of it.
  • @Peter, is there any chance that this board goes to DigiKey through Parallax, to let us buy it in South America ? Cheers !!
  • hinvhinv Posts: 1,031
    So at this stage if all goes well shipments should arrive in the US and EU by the end of next week.

    Any chance on getting in on that shipment to the US? I can pay @Publison or yourself right away for 1 of each if I can get a total.

    Thanks!
  • ErNaErNa Posts: 1,488
    I will be back im Office tomorrow to Check what arrived from Australia and give a report
  • Is no news good news ?

    I certainly wish it to be :) .
  • ErNaErNa Posts: 1,488
    It's good news, just like ever very busy. ..
  • Have P2D2 boards been shipped to the US yet?
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 11,858
    edited 2020-12-11 16:27
    I have not seen them yet.

    Have not got a shipping verification.
  • Publison wrote: »
    I have not seen them yet.

    Have not got a shipping verification.
    Okay, thanks. I have plenty to keep me busy anyway. I just ordered a JonnyMac breadboard + P2 Edge.

  • K2K2 Posts: 682
    The movie "Home Alone" comes to mind. In the end, everyone gets home about the same time though the mother's route was more adventurous. :smile:
  • @"Peter Jakacki", is there still availability of the P2D2? What would be the process to get my hands on a couple in Perth, Australia?
  • LachAus wrote: »
    @"Peter Jakacki", is there still availability of the P2D2? What would be the process to get my hands on a couple in Perth, Australia?
    I'm not sure if Peter is sending or has sent them out to the Aus people yet. I know I've not received anything here in Melbourne if it did actually go out earlier this week, though mail in general right now might just be a bit slow. I know something else I ordered recently that was sent to me from Brisbane took around 4 business days and a weekend to get here.
  • ErNaErNa Posts: 1,488
    edited 2020-12-12 19:06
    I received the first batch of P2D2 kits including P2D2ed, header plate, headers, blank P2PAL, SD socket and microMat. Three are available for distribution. MJB, Maciek, Surac, rosco_pc, tritonium, StefanL38, etc (etc: I forgot about you) have expressed interest. So, what to do? I could ask a dice. Or ask anybody interested to tag a priority A: highest. Peter didn't tell me a price tag, so any order is at own risk ;-)
  • MaciekMaciek Posts: 242
    edited 2020-12-12 20:21
    Thanks, ErNa.

    This is all good news.

    I am still interested in the items we shared in the other email. The price is important to know, of course, as is the payment details, but since I already have the excellent KISS board from ManAtWork and also came to the P2 game fairly late it is fair to say I can wait a bit more, giving way to those who already ordered and paid. Let them have their stuff first. They've waited for so long so they deserve to be served first.

    I'll be watching this thread to monitor the status :).

    However, I would prefer to get all the items I want in a single package to save a bit on the delivery.

    @"Peter Jakacki" - what do you say ?

  • MJBMJB Posts: 1,200
    ErNa wrote: »
    I received the first batch of P2D2 kits including P2D2ed, header plate, headers, blank P2PAL, SD socket and microMat. Three are available for distribution. MJB, Maciek, Surac, rosco_pc, tritonium, StefanL38, etc (etc: I forgot about you) have expressed interest. So, what to do? I could ask a dice. Or ask anybody interested to tag a priority A: highest. Peter didn't tell me a price tag, so any order is at own risk ;-)

    I am sitting down here in Spain. And I can wait until also the P2Lab board is available.
    There are still P1 projects waiting and my focus currently is is other more urgent matters.
  • rosco_pcrosco_pc Posts: 394
    edited 2020-12-15 06:02
    MJB wrote: »
    ErNa wrote: »
    I received the first batch of P2D2 kits including P2D2ed, header plate, headers, blank P2PAL, SD socket and microMat. Three are available for distribution. MJB, Maciek, Surac, rosco_pc, tritonium, StefanL38, etc (etc: I forgot about you) have expressed interest. So, what to do? I could ask a dice. Or ask anybody interested to tag a priority A: highest. Peter didn't tell me a price tag, so any order is at own risk ;-)

    I am sitting down here in Spain. And I can wait until also the P2Lab board is available.
    There are still P1 projects waiting and my focus currently is is other more urgent matters.

    Same here: I still want one and if possible a few more micromats, but I can wait if others want one NOW ;)

    Edit: @"Peter Jakacki" What is the price for the sets you send to Erna?

    (my current project asked me to work 1 week longer, so even if I wanted I either don't have the time or am too tired to even think about playing around coding. And my wife is complaining about not getting her new coffee table which I promised to make since the summer)
  • Any more news on if/when the P2D2 boards shipped to us locals Peter?
  • roglohrogloh Posts: 2,921
    rogloh wrote: »
    Any more news on if/when the P2D2 boards shipped to us locals Peter?

    Any more news on the P2D2 development @"Peter Jakacki" ? Is the Christmas break just holding things up a bit right now?
  • RossHRossH Posts: 4,695
    Just checking in - has anyone actually received a P2D2 yet?
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,684
    RossH wrote: »
    Just checking in - has anyone actually received a P2D2 yet?

    Still waiting for mine!
  • hinvhinv Posts: 1,031
    uh oh Peter Ross's bot looks mad ;^D
Sign In or Register to comment.