This post and the next have been updated with the latest info. There is only one pcb as it can do VGA and brings out the I/O on 0/1" header underneath the VGA connector.
KiCad passes all the design rule checks. It's all laid out now and the gerbers look good. Just need to panelise and send off. Let me know below who wants them.
2020-10-13: Boards ordered - should be back in ~2 weeks
2020-10-26: Boards arrived - looking good
Cluso's P2 RetroBlade2
* PCB 1.6"x2.2" 2 layer ENIG 1.6mm FR4
* P2X8C4M64P chip of course (some initial boards may use P2 RevB chips - let me know if you need RevC)
* 20MHz xtal
* Requires 5V regulated input (from one of: headers, microUSB, or USB/TTL header)
* 3V3 1A LDO SOT-89 regulator
* 1V8 generated by series 3V3 1A LDO SOT-223 to 1V8 1A LDO SOT-223
* Proper bulk and bypass capacitors
* Transistor reset circuit (as per P1) configured with solderable link
* microSD socket (microSD card not supplied) - can boot direct from microSD without Flash
* Two microUSB sockets - for power / keyboard / mouse (cables available from fleabay for ~$1.50)
* P00-15 brought out on 1x20pin 0.1" header
* P16-31 brought our on 1x16pin 0.1" header (under VGA connector)
* P32-47 brought out on 1x20pin 0.1" header
* P48-49 brought out on microUSB connector
* P50-51 brought out on microUSB connector
* P52-57 brought out on tiny 0.4mm thru-hole pads (will take single AWG30 kynar wire-wrap wire)
* P58-61 used internally for microSD and (optional) SPI Flash
* P62-63 brought out on 1x6 0.1" header (serial port) for Reset/SerialOut/SerialIn/5Vin/Gnd/nc - compatible with CP2102 USB/TTL 6pin (not supplied - fleabay ~$1.50)
* Note: P27-31 also connects to VGA socket (if fitted) for video/LCD (connector overlays the P16-31 header)
* Optional SOIC-8 footprint on underside for Flash W25Q32JVSIQ/W25Q64JVSIQ/W25Q128JVSIQ (4/8/16MB Flash)
* Through hole parts supplied but not fitted/soldered
* Can run my P2 OS and Z80/CPM emulation
* The regulators will likely self-limit to somewhere in excess of 500mA. Switchers are not used.
* The 3d image shows the wrong microSD and microUSB connectors. Peter showed the ones I'm using on his P2D2 thread the other day.
* A 1x2pin 0.050" header/link enables the 10K pullup resistor (fitted as standard) for booting from the (optional) Flash chip
will be US$40 without Flash, US$45 with W25Q128JVSIQ (16MB) and US$5 unregistered airmail post from Australia (you take the risk).