Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Mystery Box Cornucopia - Fall 2020 - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Mystery Box Cornucopia - Fall 2020

2»

Comments

• Clock LoopClock Loop Posts: 2,069
    edited 2020-09-26 02:21
    Apparently it fixes the quotes!!! But not mine, watch.

So it didn't modify publisons quote of me, even though I edited the post publison quoted.

HOW DID THAT HAPPEN!??? (I did NOT edit publisons original funny comment typo.)

Which was
    wrote:
    "Pics or I didn't happen."
    That was hilarious, so i quoted it and then the quote was fixed also, almost at the same time publison did their edit...
    I watched it almost live...
    AI is already taking over the planet?

Perhaps it fixes quotes if a single letter only is changed? (very minor edits?)

Anyway, I wish I could have gotten in on this mystery box, but I can't spend money if its not earned...
  • frank freedmanfrank freedman Posts: 1,974
    edited 2020-09-26 02:21
    There are "issues" here. A couple weeks back a comment I posted then later edited wiped out at least three previous posts. Is there a ghost of forums past present here to cause future "mystery" mayhem in the machine?
  • I just received my Hors d' oeuvres box today. Pretty cool. Everything looks useful. However the BOE-BOT chassis looks like someone has stepped on it, and will need some body-shop work. I don't think it will be a problem in bending things back into place. Thank you Parallax, too bad I wasn't able to get a "full" meal :neutral:

Here's an image of the contents and I attached a PDF showing the specific item's part numbers and their current prices. I got about a 50% savings :smiley:

Hors_d%27_oeuvres_MysteryBox.jpg
  • However the BOE-BOT chassis looks like someone has stepped on it, and will need some body-shop work. I don't think it will be a problem in bending things back into place

Looks like I got the same items, except for one less wire strap and no propeller sticker and I rec'd two miniature breadboards instead. My chassis is slightly bent at the front (easy to fix).

All in all, a good deal!
  • Mystery Box Appetizer

Quite a haul! Thanks Parallax!
    4032 x 3024 - 7M
  • Curious as to the item between the UV sensor and remote.
  • Publison wrote: »
    Curious as to the item between the UV sensor and remote.

That is the "Key Fob Remote and Reciever PCB" Product ID: 700-10016.
  • Thanks Dave!
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    These are fun, Ken. I'm too busy on Corvair stuff now, but I got in on the last one.

Maybe it's time for erco the hoarder to put togther some mystery boxes... that would be interesting!
  • Worse than that,.
    That collection isn't from the boxes, they are survivors from RS and possibly from others who were selling Parallax items in the retail cladding. For example, I have some of those, and they were bought from RS, and some from Micro center, the clew there was in the photos.