Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
My masters — Parallax Forums

My masters

Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
edited 2020-09-20 02:46 in General Discussion
I was just mentioning something about my masters to someone, and then I thought "hey, we should have a fun thread just about our masters".

Here is my workshop master, his name is Chili, although his real name is "Celil" (sounds like ch'el'i and close enough to chili), one of the characters from a Turkish drama "Kurt Seyit ve Şura".
He is free to walk in from outside anytime and often sleeps in the workshop, or someone else's workshop, by the smell of him sometimes, When he wants attention he demands it by jumping up onto the keyboard. Yep, that got my attention, while I scramble to undo the "pawly" written code he has written.

Chili is a bit of a scaredy-cat and was originally a "ratter" that Vlad, a Czech guy down the road kept to control the mice that feed on the feed from his chook pen (chicken coop), but Chili and his sister and "older brother" would roam up and down the street looking for more food, the poor things. Eventually I couldn't stand it and bought him off Vlad when I found out he was getting rid of them. But you could never pick him up as he would absolutely panic and claw ya to bits. So I tamed him bit by bit as he trained me as his servant :) If he hears my wife's voice though, he bolts! :):):)

Here he is out in the back garden the other day, almost as feral as the day we got him. Haven't been able to get him fixed or chipped or nothing yet. He is a bit of a tough survivalist but timid with my other two masters as well, and just as well.

What about you guys? Are your masters treating you well?

19957f21496775754819fc6cbb0a37.jpg

Comments

• My current master is Foster.
    She's a 1+ year old calico. We've been busy learning each other's moods and do's & dont's. Very vocal she is. And lets me know in no uncertain terms when she's hungry (hops onto lap, front paws on my chest, stares intently into my face).
    926 x 768 - 149K
  • OMG! Browser's -- almost -- reincarnation! Tuxedo cats are the best! Take good care of Chili, Peter. The rewards are beyond measure.

-Phil
  • davejames wrote: »
    My current master is Foster.
    She's a 1+ year old calico. We've been busy learning each other's moods and do's & dont's. Very vocal she is. And lets me know in no uncertain terms when she's hungry (hops onto lap, front paws on my chest, stares intently into my face).

Yeah, "feed me, feed me, feed me right meOW" :)
  • Well - the difference between Dog and Cats in short form:

You feed your Dog - the Dog thinks ' He is feeding me, He is a GOD'
    You feed your Cat - the Cat thinks ' He is feeding me, I am a GOD'

Anyways,

Mike
  • msrobots wrote: »
    Well - the difference between Dog and Cats in short form:

Dogs have masters, cats have servants! :)
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    Apart from the one who shall be obeyed...

My master is an inanimate object, and it has various personalities depending on the project at hand.

So my master is my computer, and currently the personalities are KiCad and FreeCad.
    I've recently ditched Protel in favour of KiCad, and it's working quite well although I have yet to produce the gerbers so perhaps I shouldn't say that out aloud.
    And with the latest restrictions imposed for the free version of Fusion 360, I have abandoned it in favour of FreeCAD. I am finding the sketch parts and constraints fairly easy to master but finding extruding (pad) and copying sketches and bodies very painful. I just want to design and 3D print a fairly simple "U" bracket - why is it so painful?
  • During my days at Parallax I had two Cats and a Dog....

Now?

I have three Cats, two Dogs, three Horses, and fifteen Ducks

They are ALL my master, especially when it comes time for feeding them.
  • Any photos and stories there Beau?
  • Our Master's name is Carter and is a Maine Coon weighing in around 20lbs (9kg for you metric folk).

He's about 14 years old now and is slowing down a bit, but he still keeps us on our toes.

CarterWatchingBirds.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 449K
  • Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,545
    edited 2020-09-20 18:24
    Here is a picture of most of our ducks and if you look close in the distance you can see a horse and a mule (we also consider a horse)

Shortly after Parallax, "grandma" bought my oldest daughter a horse.... ok, now we had to find some place to board our horse. At $400 a month we decided to re-finance our house and it came down to ... do we stay here and continue to board our horse, or do we look for a new place where we can accommodate a horse. We chose the latter and now have 4 acres.

Not shown in the image ... we have a pony (also considered one of our horses), two dogs (border collie's), three cats (all grey, show shoe Siamese, and a calico mix)

Our horse is a retired race horse "River Commander" with a Seattle slew bloodline
    4032 x 3024 - 6M
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2020-09-20 23:51
    Our horse is a retired race horse "River Commander" with a Seattle slew bloodline.
    So millions in stud fees? :)

-Phil
  • Our horse is a retired race horse "River Commander" with a Seattle slew bloodline.
    So millions in stud fees? :)

-Phil

It's a mare isn't it? Would be a bit on the old side to foal now anyway.

Beau - good to see you made the right choice, life is about living :)
  • AwesomeCronkAwesomeCronk Posts: 1,055
    edited 2020-09-21 05:03
    My master is a very jealous one! If you are giving her attention and the other dog comes up for pets, she growls. She nips, she starts fights, and she is adorable!! We inherited her about three or four years ago and she has us very well trained by now. She goes by the name Pickles.
    D9A08230-D858-4297-ADF6-92084D5BE749.jpeg
  • "You have never be ignored until you've been ignored by a cat".
    2560 x 1920 - 2M
  • I just realized how high the resolution of iPhone photos is. Crikey.