Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Robot Hair Cutter — Parallax Forums

Robot Hair Cutter

ercoerco Posts: 20,250
A great effort by this guy. He has some AMAZING stuff on his channel.

Comments

• Back in March, when COVID was just becoming a "thing", I saw the handwriting on the wall and ordered a Flowbee. Good thing I did, too, since they were in short supply immediately thereafter. Before then -- except for twice -- I've had my hair cut by only one lady since 1976.

The Flowbee works amazingly well -- no major hair disasters -- but it takes some time to get everything just right. I wheel my shop vac into the bathroom and work from there.

Still, I can't wait to get back to Deanna's when this COVID thing is all over! She does a much better job with scissors than I ever could with the Flowbee.

-Phil
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,250
    Haven't had a haircut since February. I'm enjoying my Covid mane. Brother says I look like a hippie & his VW working on my Corvair.
  • Dude! That's a totally badass look!

-Phil
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    edited 2020-09-02 06:55
    Back in March, when COVID was just becoming a "thing", I saw the handwriting on the wall and ordered a Flowbee. Good thing I did, too, since they were in short supply immediately thereafter. Before then -- except for twice -- I've had my hair cut by only one lady since 1976.

The Flowbee works amazingly well -- no major hair disasters -- but it takes some time to get everything just right. I wheel my shop vac into the bathroom and work from there.

Still, I can't wait to get back to Deanna's when this COVID thing is all over! She does a much better job with scissors than I ever could with the Flowbee.

-Phil
    Having shorted hair helps!

Mine has been cut by the same person since ~1990. It's free and I don't even need to leave the house. My wife :sunglasses:

Of course, we could save even more if my wife let me cut her hair ;) Then again, I'm not into coloring and not so fussy about being grey/white!
  • Had one about a month ago had them use #4. Supercuts opened and no appointments and shop was empty. Done for another 6 months. Pre looked like einstein hair on steroids with an assist from one of Tesla's devices.Post looked like 4 weeks into boot camp. And the cycle repeats.