Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Combining 2 threads into 1: The Parallax Propeller, RN-42 Bluetooth, and Android apps — Parallax Forums

Combining 2 threads into 1: The Parallax Propeller, RN-42 Bluetooth, and Android apps

idbruceidbruce Posts: 6,197
edited 2020-08-17 18:17 in Propeller 1
Lately, I have been double posting, but to avoid that, I am combing two threads into one. They are for two different programming environments, Spin and C++. From the following links, it should be obvious which one interests you. I am creating this third thread to avoid double posts about updates.

For prior information pertaining to SimpleIDE, pleae refer to this thread: forums.parallax.com/discussion/171419/success-simpleide-the-rn-42-bluetooth-module-and-b4a-android-app

For prior information pertaining to Spin, please refer to this thread: forums.parallax.com/discussion/172011/spin-rn-42-bluetooth-module-and-android-app-working-example

The latest update in the linked threads, indicate that voice recognition has been added to my 42Nurses example application.

Comments

• idbruceidbruce Posts: 6,197
    edited 2020-08-17 18:29
    If you have a wish list besides receiving a bubble bath from 42Nurses, just let me know, and I will consider attempting to make it happen :)

EDIT: And Ken, when these guys truly realize what can be done with this app, I would imagine that you will have to order more RN-42 modules :)
  • In addition to being able to control my machine with the Parallax RN-42 Bluetooth Module through an Android app, and a Parallax WX ESP8266 WiFi Module through a web page on my remote web site, I also just purchased an ASUS USB-BT400 Bluetooth Adapter, so that I can use my custom made serial application to communicate wirelessly through the PC locally :)

Three modes of commucation will soon be possible :)
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    Are you going to try the ESP32?
  • Ray

I currently like my plans and setup, but who knows how long the RN-42 and ESP8266 will be available. I may have to go that route in the near future.