Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Object files... — Parallax Forums

Object files...

Making my way through "Programming the Propeller with SPIN" by Harprit Singh Sandhu. In one of his examples he uses two object files...LCDRoutines4.spin, which I found and downloaded. But I cannot find one called Utilities.spin. And, I am not real handy with the GUI files. Any place I can go for Object files that are just listed with the SPIN file extension?

Thank you

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2020-08-12 15:12
    I attached what I think is the file you seek. It does nothing but blink an LED .

I also attached the Doc from the book that has the files.

The programs are available in HTML format at:
    http://encodergeek.com/PropellerProgs.html
  • Thank you for your help. I was/am unsure what the file does, but it is required in his book for the PWM example. Something else I am interested is finding, and maybe someone has it in an object file also. Source code in SPIN that will output two different outputs in PWM from a joystick. The outputs will run two different wheels/gear boxes in forward and reverse.

I have done this with discrete components in a SUM/DIFFERENCE which then feeds a dual channel PWM circuit. Wanting to do it with the prop. The sum/difference circuit is from 4QD dated April 2000.

Thank you...
  • I have a simple dual-motor controller that I use with a client that makes motion platforms for cameras. In his systems we use an ADC0838 to read a bunch of analog channels which include the pan and tilt values for those motors.

The object uses a cog for fixed PWM frequency (which you can set up to about 35kHz)

I've attached and ADC object -- but you'll need to get an external chip for it. There is a way to read a potentiometer with a capacitor, but I wouldn't use that in an application like this
  • Jon, thank you for your input. The ADC object would not download. It says download blocked. The dual motor did download, however, so I could look at the code. By chance do you have a circuit diagram, so I can breadboard it for testing..?

Thanks again

• FYI...I am looking for an easier way to build a joystick controller. I have built one, pictured in the middle of the 3 standon golf carts below. But it required a lot of circuits to build (left photo below). The other two, one on the left and the one on the right use handle bar steering and twist grip throttle control, with motor plugging for braking. 24 volt operation. And, all have/use the BS2sx (best microcontroller ever invented, short of the prop) for battery voltage, and temperature sensing of the various voltage regulators and high amp mosfets. Motors and gearboxes are from power chairs via EBAY.
    3072 x 4096 - 4M
    4096 x 3072 - 4M
  • That is some inspired mischief, @denno!
  • Have a look at L298n data sheet, or a product that uses it like this: http://www.handsontec.com/dataspecs/L298N Motor Driver.pdf
  • I was able to open all the attachments that was sent, after all. Thanks again...
  • Several years ago, Parallax came out with the HB25, which would handle up to 25amps. Controlled with PWM or pulse length. I used a few of those then. Was/is a wonderful power controller.