Mystery Boxes

wmosscropwmosscrop Posts: 370
edited 2020-07-30 - 17:57:38 in General Discussion
For those of us that can't continuously monitor the forums for these deals...

...how about some type of lottery rather than first come, first served?

Yes, that would be more work for Parallax. But at least I'd have a chance, however small, at one of the boxes.

Edit:
Yes, I'm signed up for the emails. But I don't always get these in time either.

Comments

• They were already showing not available when I first got the email and clicked the link.
    So email delays was enough to miss out.
  • Might be, I ordered almost 1 hour after the mail came and then there were still 31 left. Last time the mystery boxes were sold (some weeks ago) I was too late.
    Don’t know if it’s in this forum seen worse than swearing in church, but I also ordered an Arduino Uno in the same order...
  • I N C R E D I B L E ! - Such a fun idea! You snooze you loose!

Congrats to Team Parallax! This batch of Midsummer Mystery Boxes went faster that the Toilet Paper at Walmart!
  • Or perhaps fast food not sold by them?

Strange? There seems to be an alligator watching someone..........
  • The music application sounded interesting but I guess I already have speakers so I can do it without the mystery box. Anyway, I got one of the last ones. It was someone else's turn this time.
  • Alright, we need to see the unboxing videos to see what we missed out of.
  • DaveJensonDaveJenson Posts: 288
    edited 2020-08-04 - 00:08:26
    Mystery Box Unboxing.

Mine arrived today.

Lots of cool stuff!
    3024 x 4032 - 5M
    3024 x 4032 - 4M
    4032 x 3024 - 5M
  • Herbie look interesting. Project boards are good!
  • Same except no mouse thing but a soldering project.... WITH AN ATMEL CPU?!?! Oh, surprise! $15 shipping charge.
  • zappmanzappman Posts: 418
    edited 2020-08-04 - 12:40:21
    Mine arrived on 8/3/2020, East Coast USA.
    Same items as DaveJenson http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/comment/1502262/#Comment_1502262
    with addition of a pocket magnifier (like a credit card) and a small 2 pin sensor of some type.
    Packaging of the Mystery Box same as in his photos.
  • zappman wrote: »
    Mine arrived on 8/3/2020, East Coast USA.
    Same items as DaveJenson http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/comment/1502262/#Comment_1502262
    with addition of a pocket magnifier (like a credit card) and a small 2 pin sensor of some type.
    Packaging of the Mystery Box same as in his photos.

Yep. I got both those also. The 2 pin sensor is a gas sensor of some type.
  • DaveJensonDaveJenson Posts: 288
    edited 2020-08-05 - 15:31:56
    Actually it looks like the 27920 (HS1101) Humidity sensor.
  • Got my mystery box a few days ago. It looks like I got the same contents as DaveJenson, except I received an LED Flickery Flame Soldering Kit instead of the Mousebot. I might try and do the soldering kit with the kids this weekend. All in all, seems like a lot of things that I could eventually use. You can't have too many project boards. And I've never played with a Neopixel ring, so that should be fun!
    3264 x 2448 - 2M