Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller 2 Live Forum - Open learning and support (topics, speakers and registration!) - Page 4 — Parallax Forums

Propeller 2 Live Forum - Open learning and support (topics, speakers and registration!)

Comments

• Ken Gracey wrote: »
    New presentation has been added with registration on the first post!

Spin 2 Debug with Runtime Expression Reporting with Chip Gracey on July 15th!

Ken Gracey

Woot!
  • Another presentation has been added and the first post includes the registration link.

This would be Visual Programming with Touch Logic Control (TLC) and TAQOZ with James Caska on July 8th.
    Some background on this project is here https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/156000/fastest-possible-fifo-buffer-to-infinity-shield-kickstarter-and-beyond

Looks interesting, James!

Ken Gracey
  • The first post now includes Ray Allen's slides for today's presentations. It's a 6MB PDF entitled "Display, GUI, and Multimedia Options with the P2.pdf"

Ken Gracey
    The first post now includes Ray Allen's slides for today's presentations. It's a 6MB PDF entitled "Display, GUI, and Multimedia Options with the P2.pdf"

Ken Gracey

can't find it im the first post :neutral:
  • Surac wrote: »
    Ken Gracey wrote: »
    The first post now includes Ray Allen's slides for today's presentations. It's a 6MB PDF entitled "Display, GUI, and Multimedia Options with the P2.pdf"

Ken Gracey

can't find it im the first post :neutral:

RaysSlides.jpgRaysSlides.jpg
    1287 x 646 - 96K
  • Thanx. I’m sorry...
  • I missed it the first time. It was hard to see next to the graphic.
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,797
    I missed it too...
  • Ray's video is posted up top, and here if you don't want to look:

• RaymanRayman Posts: 13,797
    Thanks Ken! I'm glad you're a Zoom guru BTW. I would have been lost...
  • Thanks for posting the videos. I'm sorry I missed the live presentations and want to catch up. We are in the process of moving residence from Berkeley to Benicia, with all the confusion and space/time warp that entails. Only 30 miles, but 10°F warmer, out of the coastal fog.

• Thanks for posting the videos. I'm sorry I missed the live presentations and want to catch up. We are in the process of moving residence from Berkeley to Benicia, with all the confusion and space/time warp that entails. Only 30 miles, but 10°F warmer, out of the coastal fog.

Wow, wow! Never thought I could have envisioned that. My image of Dr. Allen is riding his bike from home to the shop down by 4th street (?), soaking in all the Berkeley culture. Maybe that culture has become a bit too thick.

I can't imagine moving your shop. Two stories of tools, equipment, environmental measurements, and 30+ years of problem solving is packed behind that nondescript metal door.

Ken Gracey
  • Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,656
    edited 2020-06-29 20:04
    My son Gian, you know him, lives in Benicia right around the corner. That is the main impetus for our move over there. We do like the town, much more laid back than Berkeley, less on edge, less "thick" as you might say. I do still have my workshop in Berkeley, for the time being, the first time I've had to commute other than bicycle. When I "retire" it will be a squeeze and a painful task to relocate the paraphernalia to the Benicia garage!

It's great being near family, and our 12yo granddaughter. Gian and I can get together in the yard and talk shop. He still works with the Propeller for the agricultural data logger we designed for his company, and although he hasn't been following the forums or the Prop 2 development at all, he is interested. It's sure hard to explain in a nutshell. We got into the subject that often comes up here, how hard it is to explain an unorthodox technology to people who are in positions where they need to adopt new trends and market demands but are concerned about industry standards and how to hire people who will carry on through full product life cycle. A problematic goal anywhere, no matter what the underlying technology. How can early adopter enthusiasm coalesce into a catchy storyline?
  • evanhevanh Posts: 15,126
    How can early adopter enthusiasm coalesce into a catchy storyline?
    One point to make is you're on the metal. There's no layers of software hiding what's going on, other than what you choose to add yourself that is.

The other biggie is the symmetrical nature of everything. Not just the CPUs.

• Reminder to register for tomorrow's FlexGUI presentation with Eric!

Registration link is here https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYrfu6trTIqHtYcmL9RMfR3a9aBeV70R41H

FlexGUI.jpg
    739 x 647 - 110K
  • Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
    edited 2020-07-01 01:06
    Hi Ken, If I have all my P2D2 hardware back and tested, I'd like to do another presentation just on the hardware features and how we can use these boards. But rather than putting this down beside a firm date, I have just added another table there in the same format with a tentative but grayed out date of Aug 5th. I'd do it earlier if I can and if a slot is available, or later if I have to.

So this second table might be useful for all those that would like to present something, but not sure about exactly how or when. Maybe they will get some feedback and encouragement.

I'm upgrading my upstream capacity so I can have all those IP cams running in my workshop this time!
  • Hi Ken, If I have all my P2D2 hardware back and tested, I'd like to do another presentation just on the hardware features and how we can use these boards. But rather than putting this down beside a firm date, I have just added another table there in the same format with a tentative but grayed out date of Aug 5th. I'd do it earlier if I can and if a slot is available, or later if I have to.

So this second table might be useful for all those that would like to present something, but not sure about exactly how or when. Maybe they will get some feedback and encouragement.

I'm upgrading my upstream capacity so I can have all those IP cams running in my workshop this time!

Certainly, Peter, whenever you are ready we can confirm the date. I think it could also be an interesting topic to share your PCB layout best practices, some of the component choices, along with other aspects you wish to share. It seems these presentations have been very useful to the community, evidenced by the signup rates.

Just keep me posted and reach out by e-mail if I'm non-responsive on the forums for some reason.

Ken Gracey

• First post of this thread has been updated to include Eric's presentation slides for FlexGUI/fastspin and the YouTube video link.

Ken Gracey
  • Update! TeamOz presents MicroPython for the P2! Registration link now added up top!

Ken Gracey
  • This Wednesday's (July 8th) Propeller 2 Live Forum - with James Caska has been changed to 2:00 pm Pacific.

Those who have registered already will receive a notification that the time has changed.

Ken Gracey
  • We'll be starting "Visual Programming with Touch Logic Control (TLC) and TAQOZ with James Caska" in about an hour.

Register here https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcrdemuqD4iE9d56ia7CSfmXj5WdeeF60Se

Ken Gracey
  • The link to James Caska's presentation from today has been linked up to the first post in this thread.

Ken Gracey
    The link to James Caska's presentation from today has been linked up to the first post in this thread.

Ken Gracey

Thanks Ken. I was on the road all day.
  • The P2 Debug meeting on Wednesday is still listed for 8 PM in post #1 but the newsletter says it will be held at 2 PM PST.

Unfortunatelly, I can't participate although I'm very interested in debugging. I'll watch the video.
  • I tried to compile the sample program with PropTool Alpha.

It complained about the debug statement.

"ERROR: Expected an instruction or variable."
    con _clkfreq = 20_000_000

var stk[40*8]

pub go() | i
    repeat
      repeat i from 7 to 0
        cogspin(i,doit(),@stk[40*i])

pri doit() | i
    repeat
      debug(udec(getct()))
      waitms(getrnd() & $7F)

• I don't think Ken has posted the new PNUT which would be necessary for the debug command.
  • Publison wrote: »
    I don't think Ken has posted the new PNUT which would be necessary for the debug command.

Tuesday we will post it.

KG

• I am referring to this line in the announcement from the newsletter:

"You may also run the sample programs in the Propeller Tool Alpha Release with Parallax Serial Terminal if you prefer.:"
  • Begs the question, will the Propeller Tool Alpha also be upgraded to accept the Debug command ?
    Publison wrote: »
    I don't think Ken has posted the new PNUT which would be necessary for the debug command.

Tuesday we will post it.

KG

I don't see it yet. First post still shows 8:00PM Pacific but didn't it get changed to 2:00PM Pacific?