Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Get ready to hand over your $40 to the sales guy. . . - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Get ready to hand over your $40 to the sales guy. . .

2»

Comments

• Obligatory Philip J. Fry meme
    2560 x 1600 - 327K
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,860
    Ken Gracey wrote: »
    Rayman wrote: »
    Maybe it's this one?

I think so, as the dimension "Connector Header Through Hole, Right Angle 4 position 0.079" (2.00mm)" and datasheet confirm what I've measured. I'll get a battery for my calipers today and confirm that pin spacing, but I'm near-certain that's the correct one.

So, we need the mating side with some wires so people can connect power as they wish. Think that exists too, Ray?

Ken Gracey

Just FYI, when you look up connectors on Digikey, it usually shows you mating parts at the bottom of the page...
  • potatohead & Ken:
    Here's a much more affordable one that does SAE and METRIC: https://www.amazon.com/Anytime-Tools-Caliper-Reading-Standard/dp/B00B5XJW7I
    Yeah it's only 6 inch vs 12, but for most thinks 6 or even 4 is fine.
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,860
    Digital is way better! Get some batteries off Amazon Ken!

I have both kinds, but think the digital is better, although having to change batteries is a pain...

It's actually very interesting how the digital ones work... Had to look it up on Wikipedia when one of mine was acting up...
  • jmgjmg Posts: 15,144
    Ken Gracey wrote: »
    Roy Eltham wrote: »

Darned Roy, that's it by golly. These are cheap enough I'll just add them to the display bag with no cost to the customer.

Aside from having the red wire on the wrong side, this will work fine. I'll assume most of our P2 users can handle that safely.

With those connectors, you can lift the nylon tines too remove the pins, and swap the colours as needed.
    From the PCB, the pins seem to parallel, so it looks like maybe a swap of Red<->White could be useful ?