Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P2 Eval rev-c board, consideration — Parallax Forums

P2 Eval rev-c board, consideration

I am now reconsidering getting this board, but a few questions.

Since I will probably be using this in a WX WiFi configuration, I am not sure what the "WX Ready" really means. Since the WX WiFi SIP module has 10 pins, how will that work with the eval board.
WX WiFi Compatible —The P56–P63 edge header works with the Parallax SIP WiFi module for wireless programming.
OK, so some actual pictures of the wiring would be nice, like they do it in the Learn space.

I believe that on the WX WiFi SIP board there are two pins that have to be connected to pins 31 and 30. RES is on one end of the board and pin 31, 30 on the other end of the board, and what else needs to be considered.

The project will probably be evaluating a couple of !2V battery arrays, are there any objects for using the ADC component of the smart pins? Probably will be using FlexBasic for this project, the objects would have to work seamlessly with FlexBasic, what problems could arise.

I hope Eric is considering CMM for the P2 eval board, even at 512, I think this will be used up very quickly.

Thanks
Ray

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2020-07-06 14:07
    I believe that on the WX WiFi SIP board there are two pins that have to be connected to pins 31 and 30. RES is on one end of the board and pin 31, 30 on the other end of the board, and what else needs to be considered.

On the Eval board, those 2 pins would go to Pins 62 and 63, (RX/TX), for programming. And RES is on the same bank. I think we can expect an accessory board that will accept the SIP module and plug into that bank.
  • If they are doing an accessory board for the WX SIP module, maybe an IR Rx/Tx setup could be included, on the board. This could also be another means of communication between two devices of some sort.

Ray
  • Rsadeika wrote: »
    If they are doing an accessory board for the WX SIP module, maybe an IR Rx/Tx setup could be included, on the board. This could also be another means of communication between two devices of some sort.

Ray

You could use this board:

https://www.parallax.com/product/64005-es
  • Of the 12 pins on V5663 bank, I can see 6 minimum being used, VIN, (3.3V), DO, DI, /RES, and 2-GND, leaving 6 open pins on the bank of 12. Maybe shoe horn IR into there. Good call.
  • Wondering what other new accessory boards will be available, an official hint would be nice.

I am still concerned about the availability of PASM2 objects, that will seamlessly run with FlexBasic. I know that there is a lot of P2 objects that have been crafted, but they are scattered all over the forum. And I am not sure that they would fit the FlexBasic protocol. Just a few things that I am thinking about.

Ray