Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P1 Quickstart to P2 — Parallax Forums

P1 Quickstart to P2

Comments

• My current code is working on the P1 Quickstarter Board & was programmed in Propeller Tool 1.3.2 with SPIN & PASM. If there are capabilities past what this code is doing - on a P2, can someone point me to a similar program?
  • What do you mean by "capabilities past what this code is doing"? Obviously the P2 is quite a bit more capable than the P1, since it's faster, has more memory, and has the smart pins which can go off and do their own things while the cogs are running.
  • JonnyMacJonnyMac Posts: 8,918
    edited 2020-07-03 19:51
    If DMX-compatible duty cycle (0..255) will work for you, my jm_pwm.spin2 object will let you setup as many P2 PWM pins as you like (uses smart pin mode, no cog required). Four frequency output, see the freqout() method in jm_ez_sound.spin2.
  • Thanks for the P2 code. As a workaround to not having a P2 board yet, I am trying to find out if syncing the 2 faster clock channels on a P1 is feasible.

I could try external phasing electronics, but it will need to be re-adjusted every run-through.

I am wondering if there is a another way to control the time between activating the clock channels - Chan. A & Chan. B?
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2020-07-04 02:15
    @jonabel1971

Do you want this thread moved to P1 or keep it in P2?
  • I am unsure. I was discussing the feasibility of using the P1 for my project with SaucySoliton. There are options, but it will probably end up on the P2 - if I can get my hands on a Rev. C board.