Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller 2 Evaluation PCBs arrived - headed to the SMT line! — Parallax Forums

Propeller 2 Evaluation PCBs arrived - headed to the SMT line!

Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
edited 2020-06-26 13:41 in Propeller 2
After a week's delay or more, the Propeller 2 Evaluation Board PCBs finally arrived. We've been out of stock for a few weeks and are starting another build of 200 units today.

Ken Gracey
IMG_1115.JPG

IMG_1116.JPG

Comments

• Nice! In spite of saying I was going to stick with my Rev B board, I may have to get one of these to complete my collection! :smile:
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,851
    edited 2020-06-26 14:47
    Good news! I've been waiting for these to be available before I ordered the Rev.C chips... So, can just do one order...

I see the changes to the 5V headers in some places marked...
  • larryvclarryvc Posts: 42
    edited 2020-06-26 19:17
    Noticed the /RES pin next to P62 and that jumper header J402 has been removed. I cut the link and installed a jumper there on my rev B Eval. Is there an easy way to disable DTR reset with this board?

Is there a schematic available for this board yet?
  • evanhevanh Posts: 15,171
    edited 2020-06-26 20:05
    The alternative RESet is moved to the last accessory header, next to P62. It replaces the old 5V. Presumably there is still a cut-able link somewhere.

EDIT: It's now on one of the DIP switches. So you easily can change back and forth even. :)

• jmgjmg Posts: 15,144
    Ken Gracey wrote: »
    After a week's delay or more, the Propeller 2 Evaluation Board PCBs finally arrived. We've been out of stock for a few weeks and are starting another build of 200 units today.
    Those X marks look like rejects.
    Did they send the right pile ? ;)

• jmg wrote: »
    Ken Gracey wrote: »
    Those X marks look like rejects.
    Did they send the right pile ? ;)

Yes and yes. When they send extra PCBs for our evaluation, they mark them with an X instead of provide them for free.

Ken Gracey
  • Nothing like an IPA challenge :):):)

(And I'm not talking Ale, for our UK friends!!)
  • evanh wrote: »
    The alternative RESet is moved to the last accessory header, next to P62. It replaces the old 5V. Presumably there is still a cut-able link somewhere.

EDIT: It's now on one of the DIP switches. So you easily can change back and forth even. :)

Spot on!

Dip-switch control of the USB DTR signal
    and
    Diode protected RESn at the programming edge header, labelled with the inverse RES text. So no worries if 5V should get to that pin by accident :)
  • VonSzarvas wrote: »
    evanh wrote: »

Spot on!

Dip-switch control of the USB DTR signal
    and
    Diode protected RESn at the programming edge header, labelled with the inverse RES text. So no worries if 5V should get to that pin by accident :)

Perfect, good job Parallax! Missed the dip-switch change! So BOD was cannibalized?

Would still like to see the schematic.
  • BOD now an always on feature, with RESn permanently connected to PG flag from 1.8V regulator.

Sure thing on the schematics- They will be published with the product, if not sooner if time allows.

• ErNaErNa Posts: 1,742
    It looks like I have to do my first steps with the latest P2 with the Eval board. For this reason I will make an order in short time. I'm ready to route board to others here in the EU (still including our friends in GB). So anyone interested should PM me.
    Last Call: To whom it may concern: I'm going to order some components and boards from Parallax and there is a chance to save transport fees and take advantage of July 4th. I'll place the order within a few ours, so please PM any request you want me to order in addition to my own needs... (not P2 related included)
    Any update on the Eval-Board status?
  • I'm also interested in an update on the Eval Boards. I put off ordering an earlier one since I wanted to wait for the final chip revision so now I'm really eager to have a board to play with.
  • Whoo Hoo - P2 revision C arrived in the mail today !!! Happy Happy Happy
  • PropGuy2 wrote: »
    Whoo Hoo - P2 revision C arrived in the mail today !!! Happy Happy Happy

Fantastic news. You might be the first to get one!
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2020-07-27 22:23
    Got my P2ES on order today with 7" HDMI Display. Talking to Chantal today she indicates display are in stock! Only 3 left. My shipping address is 900 miles from were I am at. :(

42 Eval boards left.
    The missing part to complete my order of eval board is announced 8/10th. So I expect to have the boards end of next week. Good news for those waiting with me...
    It happend that the Eval Boards and LCD's arrived, so those that ordered will be happy soon. But not intended: the accessory boards where not included and will be send Monday. That gives the chance to add some additional components. So here is the opportunity: If someone in EU wants to place an order at Parallax I can do it and so we can save the transportation fees. Please PM me if interested, latest sunday evening!
  • Great! More P2's to EU.