Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Any Burners in the group? — Parallax Forums

Any Burners in the group?

Asking for a friend (-cough-) who is bidding on a monster load of LEDs and thinks he can make some big art with a P2.

Comments

• Sounds like a good start, but why not explain what the term means?

----
    And the mascot said, "Let's sleep!" and fell asleep for the rest of the night.
  • Your question needs more information. What information pertaining to the P2 does he (cough) does he need? 64 pins to play with .
  • jmgjmg Posts: 15,144
    JRoark wrote: »
    Asking for a friend (-cough-) who is bidding on a monster load of LEDs and thinks he can make some big art with a P2.
    I'm guessing Burning Man Artwork from the crypto-clues ?
    Sure, a P2 can handle the thinking part of drive "a monster load of LEDs on some big art"

There are power shift registers in the '595 series with root part codes like 6D595 6C595 6B595 etc with a choice of price/current drive.
  • Oops. Fair enough. Being so immersed in that community I tend to forget that most people are not aware of us.

Burners are folks who participate in the Burningman event in Gerlach, NV that takes place at the end of August. It is basically 75,000 artists and kindred spirits who spend a week in the middle of the Black Rock Desert building art and a temporary community that disappears without a trace a week later. See www.burningman.org for the full explanation if this sounds interesting.

I’m looking for Parallaxians that are veteran Burners who might be interested in working on an interactive “big art” installation in deep playa in 2021 using Neopixel LEDs, P2’s, sound and fire. This is a “feeler” post to gauge interest level and to flush-out any lurking Burners. If any of this makes sense to you, reach out via PM or post here.
  • I'm guessing Burning Man Artwork from the crypto-clues ?
    I've coded three or four P1 projects for a Burning Man artist.