Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
...damn - those Mystery Boxes went quick! - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

...damn - those Mystery Boxes went quick!

Comments

• David Betz wrote: »
    Here is what I got in my mystery box. I didn't even know there was a Blockly Prop Badge!
    Wonder if new product or backburner?
  • Yow! Today's delivery!
    Unboxing.jpg
    LoadsOfFun.jpg
    Thank you, Parallax!

dgately
    959 x 1278 - 522K
    959 x 1278 - 707K
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    David Betz wrote: »
    DaveJenson wrote: »
    My box was delivered today.
    Wow! You got a full robot kit. Cool!

Amen Brother! Build that Bot, Dave!
    Here is what I got in my mystery box. I didn't even know there was a Blockly Prop Badge!

What's the rev and date code on the back (bottom left I think) ?

There might be a firmware update worth doing to fix the occassional RGB led crazy white glow and add some menu features.

If you power up the badge you should find an interactive menu that allows you to join your AP.
  • erco wrote: »
    I rushed to order mine at noon on Tuesday, hoping to be first. Ken said David Betz took that honor though... Faster fingers than mine, and less greasy now that I (we) are working on the Corvair. Lindsey and I took a break when the postman delivered my box today. Feast your eyes! Lots of good stuff jammed in there. One casualty, a cap got knocked off a Prop board. Nothing I can't fix.

How did you get the box with the Corvair logo in it, and where did Ken even come up with it?

• How did you get the box with the Corvair logo in it, and where did Ken even come up with it?

We were able to customize these boxes per person, one at a time. For erco, we made a quick trip to eBay and found the logo from another Corvair barn find. :)

Glad everybody seems to like the Mystery Box contents! Please don't allow it to be precedent-setting in terms of expectations; it's not a sustainable business model.

Ken
    Ken Gracey wrote: »

We were able to customize these boxes per person, one at a time. For erco, we made a quick trip to eBay and found the logo from another Corvair barn find. :)

Ken ALWAYS delivers!

• Ken Gracey wrote: »

How did you get the box with the Corvair logo in it, and where did Ken even come up with it?

Glad everybody seems to like the Mystery Box contents! Please don't allow it to be precedent-setting in terms of expectations; it's not a sustainable business model.

Ken
    You created 110 customized boxes? Impressive! Thanks for the stuff you sent in mine!

You created 110 customized boxes? Impressive! Thanks for the stuff you sent in mine!

I didn't really do that, actually. I was just making a crack back at erco.

But I still bet your Mystery Box is loaded with good stuff!

Ken

I didn't really do that, actually. I was just making a crack back at erco.

But I still bet your Mystery Box is loaded with good stuff!

Ken

Um yes. But you actually sent out 109 boxes of good stuff. Mine was sent out with amazing stuff. After being handed to the UPS person by an ARLO-bot with good sized manipulators.
    edited 2020-05-18 16:53

It's all inter-related. Here's the 110 (hp) logo I just removed from the Corvair. Seriously.

110.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 562K
    110.jpg 561.9K
  • I just powered up the BlocklyProp badge I got in my mystery box and apparently it used to be owned by Diana in Accounting. I wonder if there are any secret passwords onboard that will let me access the vast Parallax coffers? :smile:
    I just powered up the BlocklyProp badge I got in my mystery box and apparently it used to be owned by Diana in Accounting. I wonder if there are any secret passwords onboard that will let me access the vast Parallax coffers? :smile:

Just connect it to your router and you'll have access to our accounting system.

Ken Gracey
    I just powered up the BlocklyProp badge I got in my mystery box and apparently it used to be owned by Diana in Accounting. I wonder if there are any secret passwords onboard that will let me access the vast Parallax coffers? :smile:

Ken Gracey
    Great! I always wanted to work for Parallax. Maybe I can just add myself to the payroll. Be sure to assign me some interesting work!
  • Meanwhile mine hasn't arrived yet. Since it was sent via UPS, and chance of getting the tracking number? Especially since that company has cleverly misplaced a box from Adafruit for me.

Supposedly that one was due here this past Saturday, it wasn't. Supposedly the guy was here, but I doubt that. We'll see.

Ken Gracey
    Great! I always wanted to work for Parallax. Maybe I can just add myself to the payroll. Be sure to assign me some interesting work!

There is work for you David Betz, helping Chip out with making the P2 design as amazing as possible.

Ken Gracey

There is work for you David Betz, helping Chip out with making the P2 design as amazing as possible.
    I think we've all already done that and the result is amazing!

• Meanwhile mine hasn't arrived yet. Since it was sent via UPS, and chance of getting the tracking number? Especially since that company has cleverly misplaced a box from Adafruit for me.

Supposedly that one was due here this past Saturday, it wasn't. Supposedly the guy was here, but I doubt that. We'll see.

Sure - send me an e-mail kgracey@parallax.com
    Meanwhile mine hasn't arrived yet. Since it was sent via UPS, and chance of getting the tracking number? Especially since that company has cleverly misplaced a box from Adafruit for me.

Sure - send me an e-mail kgracey@parallax.com

Okay e-mail sent.

Ken Gracey

I think we've all already done that and the result is amazing!

But David someone back there at Parallax someone is waiting for someone on the forum to create an ultimate bot, running around a P2 but looks like an ARLO design.
  • Buck RogersBuck Rogers Posts: 2,160
    edited 2020-05-20 01:06
    Okay all now it is my turn.
    The cat arrived back in February. He answers to either Phil or Neelix depending on his mood. (He's a Lynx.) And the tribble arrived last week screaming about the box and the delivery person.

By the way Ken, the BoE board arrived occupied. There's a temp and humidity sensor And the PAB arrived wearing its micro SD card. And it's also wearing bent pins on the right hand side. I can fix that.

I can certainly make use of the batch of small breadboards. And Ken I caught the mail traffic concerning how the box walked here from your offices.
    My box of mystery arrived today. And the contents are shown in this photo:
    boxofmysterystuff_0002.jpg

And these two arrived recently.
    newguys_0001.jpg
    640 x 480 - 46K
    640 x 480 - 32K
  • Buck RogersBuck Rogers Posts: 2,160
    edited 2020-05-21 03:16
    I should also mention that the term "mascot" applies to any of them. Cats or tribbles. The new tribble is what the site calls a cave tribble. As for what they eat, probably the same thing the others do. Largely anything.......
  • And I've identified what the PAB was doing in its spare time. It was pretending to be a media player. Playing WAV files no less.
  • And I've identified what the PAB was doing in its spare time. It was pretending to be a media player. Playing WAV files no less.

There are all kinds of goodies in there - from past trade shows, events, prototypes, whatever.

One customer returned a non-working PAB to us today. We shouldn't have accepted it, but we did.

caveat emptor!

Ken Gracey
    And I've identified what the PAB was doing in its spare time. It was pretending to be a media player. Playing WAV files no less.

There are all kinds of goodies in there - from past trade shows, events, prototypes, whatever.

One customer returned a non-working PAB to us today. We shouldn't have accepted it, but we did.

caveat emptor!

Ken Gracey

I'm not complaining. The tribble complains. I do not. Besides the USB BOE is wearing a now discontinued SH11 sensor. I thought it looked familiar.... Oh and the credit for the box's shipping method was issued I saw the e-mail for it. Prototypes? Like what for example?
  • Update:
    The box included the framework for a bot, p[us two of the newer high-speed servos. Also continuous rotation style ones.
    Need a better pic of your cat, Buck. Is that fur real?
  • erco wrote:
    Can't be. Fur seals are not in the genus felis.

(Oh, wait.)

-Phil
  • erco wrote:
    Can't be. Fur seals are not in the genus felis.

(Oh, wait.)

-Phil

He thinks it is. Besides most cats don't like having their pictures taken.

erco what is that big green blob doing outside next to your Corvair?
  • I have a similar Lynx (a bit older). He likes to sit on my robots.
    MyLynx.jpg
    756 x 1008 - 150K