Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Tachyon Forth now on Sourceforge — Parallax Forums

Tachyon Forth now on Sourceforge

In the interests of making Tachyon and TAQOZ more readily accessible I have created a Sourceforge page for the main files. In the past I have relied upon Google docs originally and then Dropbox for all the source code and tools etc. My Dropbox suffers from clutter and also they reflect my current testing versions too. Hopefully the SF pages will help in that regard.

Now I am in the process of checking and uploading files and adding photos etc.

I will add this SF link to my sig as well:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/tachyon-forth/

Comments

• Just added a few more files and updated the description, features, and images. However, it looks a bit plain without any stars or reviews yet :)
    1076 x 1292 - 389K
  • Nice! Do you intend to use git inside of Sourceforge, so people can just run `git pull` to get your latest changes instead of having to manually download everything again and manually merge it with their own changes?
  • Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
    edited 2020-05-14 00:52
    Nice! Do you intend to use git inside of Sourceforge, so people can just run `git pull` to get your latest changes instead of having to manually download everything again and manually merge it with their own changes?

Yes, that would be expected but I am just making sure the files and folders are correct and neatly sorted out first and then add those files to git. But I also need to finalize my P2D2 revisions and getting out some of the current boards, so I'm doing this sf/git stuff in my "play-time" :)
  • Hey that comes up really well Peter
  • It seems quite flexible begin able to have discussion groups, blogs, and a Wiki amongst other things. I have added an intro blog, and also various wiki pages including:
    * Introduction
    * Tachyon is not ANS-Forth
    * TAQOZ in ROM
    * TAQOZ DEBUG TOOLS

I have yet to finalize using git and I will probably rearrange my local files first as I manually select files for updating via FTP.

btw, I have been adding some Wiki pages, so please provide some feedback or better still, contribute :)
    Perhaps we could have user projects on there too, in Tachyon on the P1 mostly, but I have a lot to add for the P2.
  • ElectrodudeElectrodude Posts: 1,621
    edited 2020-05-16 03:49
    The link https://sourceforge.net/projects/tachyon-forth/ in your OP and signature is broken.
  • That's totally weird, I can't access my pages now!!
  • Sourceforge seems to be working but I can't access or even search for my site. I've checked my email, nothing.
  • Sourceforge seems to be working but I can't access or even search for my site. I've checked my email, nothing.

Peter check their homepage. They sometimes have outages. Either caused by, well, hardware, or ordinary maintenance windows. I was going to blame someone on the forum for what is bothering the site, but, ah, that would not be appropriate, so I am blaming a random person named Murphy for it.
  • I can't login, I can't even search for it. I've checked all my emails and the only SF emails are my updates. It's like it is totally gone. No Twitter news either.
    I have now emailed support.
  • The funny thing is it won't recognize my login at all and won't send me an email if I try password recovery (which it isn't). However if I create a new user using the same email address, it knows I'm in the system and says I can't use it because "peterjak at <that email>" already has it registered!@$#%#@!

Nada from support and no tweets about problems. I might be waiting a few days to find out or I might try the same thing again with a new project. I have copies of the blog and wiki in my emails.
  • I haven't heard boo from SF, not even an auto reply so I did a new registration and used the same project name and it allowed it. Very strange.
    Anyhow, I have reloaded files and parts of it. Still have blog and wikis etc to do.

Eventually I may/might/perhaps find out what happened
  • I haven't heard boo from SF, not even an auto reply so I did a new registration and used the same project name and it allowed it. Very strange.
    Anyhow, I have reloaded files and parts of it. Still have blog and wikis etc to do.

Eventually I may/might/perhaps find out what happened

Hello!
    I agree. I once created a project template to go with a general purpose idea I had. And simply left it at that. Three days later I signed in, intending to check on some of the other projects that needed a signed-in account to allow comments or updates, and found that some joker had added himself to it. And they did not write me to tell me that the joker did that. I promptly deleted the project template since I wouldn't be needing it, and that was the end of it.

A while later I checked on the project page for a set of programs that can do a better job of managing the One-Wire devices that Maxim sells. And naturally found I was added to the list of "project management". Nothing from the company, and I didn't mind that they, the group did that. But the first stuff bugs me.

As for you? Perhaps a system suffered something so dramatic that it defies easy description in here, and a polite one, so let's not worry about it.
  • ElectrodudeElectrodude Posts: 1,621
    edited 2020-05-17 21:33
    Had you posted Tachyon's source on SF yet, or just binaries and documentation? It seems that they delete projects if they aren't convinced they're open source, and it seems there's some sort of appeal process..
  • Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
    edited 2020-05-18 00:41
    Had you posted Tachyon's source on SF yet, or just binaries and documentation? It seems that they delete projects if they aren't convinced they're open source, and it seems there's some sort of appeal process..

Yes, source and readme and binaries and wiki pages etc. But even if there were "issues" I would have some kind of email from them. But there was absolutely nothing, and even though it didn't recognize my user name, it indicated it knew about it when I created a new user name with the same email address, because that's the one and only email I received from them for that user after the pages disappeared.

I noticed that when I posted a short wiki page about PWM, that I couldn't paste even a small image in there which I had in a google doc, so I had to publish the doc as a webpage and linked to the image from there.

• Tachyon for the P1 or TAQOZ for the P2. If you have used them, or would like to use them, please post a review or leave a message on the SF discussion page suggesting what you would like to see perhaps.
    I had one review already on my previous SF pages that mysteriously disappeared.
  • I found one strange thing. Here "WIZnet W5500 Ethernet drivers plsu Telnet, FTP, HTTP servers" the word plus is misspelled.
  • Because I had to reconstruct my original nascent SF pages, there are still things that I am putting right as well as adding. The Download button now points to _BOOT_P2.BIX as the default download (rather than any file that is latest). Please force refresh (shift+refresh arrow) this page if you are in the habit as I am of leaving all your tabs and windows open.

I am reconstructing wiki pages and adding some more.
    Some of these pages will be just for using TAQOZ in ROM as a hardware tool and so I will try to keep them very simple. You only have to type one or two lines to discover more about the hardware.

Feedback - feedback - feedback