Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
...damn - those Mystery Boxes went quick! — Parallax Forums

...damn - those Mystery Boxes went quick!

Two hours after the announcement, they're sold out.

:cry:

Comments

• I miss out too! Tell us what you got.
  • 110 Mystery Boxes sold in two hours. Guess people were looking forward to something with an element of surprise.

Ken Gracey
  • Whoaah!!
  • Ken Gracey wrote: »
    110 Mystery Boxes sold in two hours. Guess people were looking forward to something with an element of surprise.

Ken Gracey
    Anything to help Parallax out. I can't wait to see what I get!

• David Betz wrote: »
    Ken Gracey wrote: »
    110 Mystery Boxes sold in two hours. Guess people were looking forward to something with an element of surprise.

Ken Gracey

Well, thanks. I hope you're happy. If you're not happy, I'll buy it back. You may have been our first customer, racing along with erco to grab a Mystery Box.

I better make sure you got a good one, Mr. Betz! Happy, hope you are happy!

Thank you for your order sir!

Ken Gracey

David Betz wrote: »

Ken Gracey

Well, thanks. I hope you're happy. If you're not happy, I'll buy it back. You may have been our first customer, racing along with erco to grab a Mystery Box.

Ken Gracey
    I'm sure they'll all be great. Parallax is incredibly generous!
    David Betz wrote: »

Ken Gracey

Ken Gracey
    Um no. The incredible presence also really known as erco was second. I was the first. Besides I saw the newsletter arrive earlier today whilst sorting through the gigabytes of e-mail I get, and saw your newsletter. I then figured I was overdo for an order to Parallax and I felt a disturbance through, what else the Force, and that was the box calling my name. Chantelle and I talked about it, (I need to explain I completed the order online, but I needed to call in to advise your excellent sales crowd about my buying the thing.) and I offered a suggestion to be forwarded to the Forum minders, that something other than this thread must be posted to the forum, basically it would be one of an explanation regarding what the box might contain. And of course to invite others to explain what was inside theirs.
    ---
    Mascot away visiting relatives, no messages accepted.
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2020-05-13 03:34

Um no. The incredible presence also really known as erco was second. I was the first. Besides I saw the newsletter arrive earlier today whilst sorting through the gigabytes of e-mail I get, and saw your newsletter. I then figured I was overdo for an order to Parallax and I felt a disturbance through, what else the Force, and that was the box calling my name. Chantelle and I talked about it, (I need to explain I completed the order online, but I needed to call in to advise your excellent sales crowd about my buying the thing.) and I offered a suggestion to be forwarded to the Forum minders, that something other than this thread must be posted to the forum, basically it would be one of an explanation regarding what the box might contain. And of course to invite others to explain what was inside theirs.
    ---

Until today, I was pretty certain nobody read our newsletters.

Hmm. I'm going to have to dig into this timing a little bit. The phone-in certainly complicates figuring out who placed the first Mystery Box order. But, you got to talk to Chantal and that's a real bonus next to free shipping; did you know that she's been taking care of the other office ding-dongs since 1990 or thereabouts? She's every bit as wonderful as you can imagine.

As for what's in the box? A bunch of stuff you're going to try to return, repair, and request a refund for I imagine. I think we may have taken your money a little too easily this time. :smile: Seriously, it'll be interesting to see the discussion on the forums.

You're all appreciated for supporting Parallax!

Ken Gracey

---

Hmm. I'm going to have to dig into this timing a little bit. The phone-in certainly complicates figuring out who placed the first Mystery Box order. But, you got to talk to Chantal and that's a real bonus next to free shipping; did you know that she's been taking care of the other office ding-dongs since 1990 or thereabouts? She's every bit as wonderful as you can imagine.

As for what's in the box? A bunch of stuff you're going to try to return, repair, and request a refund for I imagine. I think we may have taken your money a little too easily this time. :smile: Seriously, it'll be interesting to see the discussion on the forums.

You're all appreciated for supporting Parallax!

Ken Gracey

Um Ken, free shipping? The order bot wanted about 18$ for the price of sending it here via UPS.

Regarding the box contents: Repair? If need be yes. Return? No. Refund? Um Why?

Oh and I believe I have spoken with Chantal before, I( spelled her name that way before, because I believe I met someone else by that name.) I needed to call in an order a while earlier, a long while earlier, and it concerned two https://parallax.com/product/28085 and assorted items connected to the RFID stuff. And two prototype widgets for the same shape as the Prop Backpack. All I can say those boxes would need to be repeated.
  • Publison wrote: »
    I miss out too! Tell us what you got.

Okay, Publison you're on. When it arrives here, I'll list its contents, and perhaps compile an unpacking video.
  • I ordered mine when I saw the newsletter Ken. So you have another reader. :)
  • David BetzDavid Betz Posts: 14,511
    edited 2020-05-13 13:47
    Hmmm... Maybe there will be a QuadRover in need of repair in my box! :smile:
    Really, it should be interesting no matter what it contains. I won't be returning anything although I might offer some of it to others if it isn't something I can use. Did we ever decide the rules for giving things away on the forums? I have a lot of stuff I'd like to send to someone in the USA. I don't have time to deal with the customs issues of shipping stuff out of the country.

You kiddin' me??? I love reading those things!!
  • I read the newsletter. Cyber:bot is on the list of things to do. My recent Parallax order was processed faster than anything else I've ordered lately, thanks!

• Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2020-05-15 14:22
    The Mystery Box orders came in so fast that we went into backorder. Between the phone calls, on-line orders and whatever else was going on we quickly found ourselves short by six units.

So, yesterday the Mystery Box idea-man, CNC Machinist Kenneth Glass, found a way to assemble six more units. These last six were really well prepared, too!

Ken GraceyIMG_9362.jpgIMG_9365.jpg
    2016 x 1512 - 714K
    2016 x 1512 - 714K
  • Dangh! I was supposed to check the shipping fees to Finland but somehow I did not remember it before all were gone. This box would’ve been a late or early Christmas gift to me... Need to speed up my buying trigger finger :-)

I do read them. And as soon as I saw the offer, I tried to buy one of the boxes. But they were gone, no more.

Walter
    The Mystery Box orders came in so fast that we went into backorder. Between the phone calls, on-line orders and whatever else was going on we quickly found ourselves short by six units.

So, yesterday the Mystery Box idea-man, CNC Machinist Kenneth Glass, found a way to assemble six more units. These last six were really well prepared, too!

Ken GraceyIMG_9362.jpgIMG_9365.jpg
    Wow! Those are big boxes. Lots of good stuff!
  • Buck RogersBuck Rogers Posts: 2,160
    edited 2020-05-15 20:32
    And of course an Arlo-bot with big manipulators put mine onto a UPS truck sometime earlier this week. But, ah, there's no way to track the progress of the box as it runs its way here.

All I do know is that it should be here Monday next. And a new arrival to the household also arrived today.

• And a new arrival to the household also arrived today.
    This could be big news! Baby? Dog? Cat? Enquiring minds want to know!TM

-Phil
  • And a new arrival to the household also arrived today.
    This could be big news! Baby? Dog? Cat? Enquiring minds want to know!TM

-Phil

Well actually two did. One is indeed a cat, he arrived in February. And the other is a tribble. That little guy arrived today. If the rest of the forum and this discussion are interested I'll include photos of them both, instead of just the tribble, when the box arrives.
  • yes, please!
  • DaveJenson wrote: »
    yes, please!

Okay that's one. Thing is, he came out of his box, complaining.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    I rushed to order mine at noon on Tuesday, hoping to be first. Ken said David Betz took that honor though... Faster fingers than mine, and less greasy now that I (we) are working on the Corvair. Lindsey and I took a break when the postman delivered my box today. Feast your eyes! Lots of good stuff jammed in there. One casualty, a cap got knocked off a Prop board. Nothing I can't fix.
    1224 x 1632 - 800K
    735 x 980 - 200K
  • @erco looks like you were the first to get yours though!
  • erco wrote: »
    I rushed to order mine at noon on Tuesday, hoping to be first. Ken said David Betz took that honor though... Faster fingers than mine, and less greasy now that I (we) are working on the Corvair. Lindsey and I took a break when the postman delivered my box today. Feast your eyes! Lots of good stuff jammed in there. One casualty, a cap got knocked off a Prop board. Nothing I can't fix.

Nice collection of items, erco. Now Lindsey is who?

Now when mine arrives on Monday, (or Tuesday) I'll also submit photos of the contents, and the new cat, and the tribble.

A Corvair?!?!? Zowie! I remember that. We had the station wagon for a while, when I was, well, much younger.
  • Here is what I got in my mystery box. I didn't even know there was a Blockly Prop Badge!

4032 x 3024 - 5M
  • My box was delivered today.

4032 x 3024 - 5M
  • Roy ElthamRoy Eltham Posts: 2,996
    edited 2020-05-16 19:53
    This arrived today, and man is that a nice box of goodies!
    3024 x 4032 - 5M
  • DaveJenson wrote: »
    My box was delivered today.
    Wow! You got a full robot kit. Cool!