Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P2D2 with P2-revB - taking orders! - Page 12 — Parallax Forums

P2D2 with P2-revB - taking orders!

167891012»

Comments

• Or everyone could save a bunch of time and use the ready-to-ship Eval board from Parallax ?

Surely all the time lost and time cost whilst producing more boards would more than wipe out costs of shipping/import fees/etc.. as a once-off investment to get hardware in your hands within a few days, guaranteed !

And you get to support Parallax directly. That's priceless in these times, right?

Plus the Eval is discounted to $100 right now, and there's a few of the accessories still available:

https://www.parallax.com/product/64000-es
    https://www.parallax.com/product/64006-es
    https://www.parallax.com/product/64005-es
    https://www.parallax.com/product/64004-es

• ErNa wrote: »
    When I just thought about perfection: I would never be able to write a comment in this forum, as all my comments are not perfect. And I remembered the story of Achilles and the Turtle the same moment.
    As Peter open sourced the P2D2 files he might await someone to take action and so it only takes a straw to break my back and I could start a first batch. Any orders? (I didn't opt for P2's for now ;-) )
    I would take one except that I've already paid Peter for one of his. Any chance he could just transfer his orders to you?

• I would also take one but like David Betz I have already paid Peter for one.
  • TrapperBob wrote: »
    I would also take one but like David Betz I have already paid Peter for one.

I hope I can put my hands on all the Pre-Addressed Pre-Stamped padded envelopes I made last year. They are in storage awaiting my move to a house I have not bought yet in a town I I'm not sure of. :)
  • roglohrogloh Posts: 5,122
    edited 2020-05-02 06:59
    I just saw this online and immediately thought of Peter's predicament with the P2D2 parts placement difficulties. Until I watched this I hadn't realized you could get a small scale low cost place machine like this with vision. Not sure if it would help the particular problem Peter has but it is still kind of cool...

• I have a P&P machine here and already have offered help. If Peter sent me the boards and components I could assemble them. I fully understand if he has health problems and can't work much recently. However, I don't understand why he doesn't let others help him.

Get well soon, Peter.
  • Has anyone in oz had contact with Peter?
    Jim
  • RS_Jim wrote: »
    Has anyone in oz had contact with Peter?
    Jim
    It looks like Peter was online yesterday so he hasn't disappeared.

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    edited 2020-05-02 13:18
    I spoke to him a week ago and he said he was hoping to have boards to ship within Oz this week but I guess that didn’t work out. I know he’s having problems with the smt switcher placement, and the little onboard micro’s code too.
    He said he’s avoiding the forum as it distracts him too much.
  • good to hear he is OK
    jim
  • Hello

I would like to buy 2 boars with all the options

Im located in Germany
    I also have to buy something from the Paralax store. Perhaps it is possible to bundle all in one?
  • Surac wrote: »
    Hello

Im located in Germany
    I also have to buy something from the Paralax store. Perhaps it is possible to bundle all in one?

The boards in this thread are being developed by a forum member in Australia. It is not a Parallax product. When they are finished, there is a plan to ship a batch to Europe and a batch to the US.
  • Thank you for this information!
  • juropjurop Posts: 43
    edited 2020-05-02 19:26
    Surac wrote: »
    Hello

Im located in Germany

send a PM to @ErNa since it seems he's the one taking care of the EU batch. I am waiting for two pieces (at least) as well.
  • jurop wrote: »
    Surac wrote: »
    Hello

Im located in Germany

send a PM to @ErNa since it seems he's the one taking care of the EU batch. I am waiting for two pieces (at least) as well.

Thanks, I should have included @erNa in the EU distribution. I will be handling the North America distribution.
  • Publison,
    Is p2d2 available for purchase? If so, when and how much?

Jim
  • Hi Jim,

We are all waiting with baited breath for P2D2. :) The release of the module will be announced by Peter on the forum. If I find out any info earlier I will try and share.
  • Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
    edited 2020-06-22 01:05
    I'm very shy to take any additional orders since I've had multiple delays and revisions and now have a box of assembled rejects and revisions. When these pcbs come back I will have two versions of them. I will make up the one that looks similar to the current r4 and if it all assembles and tests well, then I will produce those ones. Once the initial orders have shipped and operate without any problems (although I wouldn't ship them if they did have problems), then I will accept orders for more boards.

I'd expect at that stage the only real delays on the extra orders would be the need for more parts and then assembly and testing and shipping. So I'd say around 1 to 3 weeks from accepting an order until you receive it. It would be great if I can then have some extra sitting in stock ready for immediate shipment too.
  • Peter, I just watched last week's video discussion of the P2D2 board. You mentioned above you are shy about taking additional orders for these boards. Are you open to taking on new/additional orders? If you are willing to take additional orders, how do I go about placing an order for a fully loaded P2D2 board.

• rfrank1234 wrote: »
    Peter, I just watched last week's video discussion of the P2D2 board. You mentioned above you are shy about taking additional orders for these boards. Are you open to taking on new/additional orders? If you are willing to take additional orders, how do I go about placing an order for a fully loaded P2D2 board.

While you can place a tentative order, I'm not taking any more prepayments due to all kinds of revisions and delays that have been experienced up to this point. The other thing is in addition to the P2D2 is that when I finalized the P2PAL and P2LAB and some other modules, you may want these too.

• hinvhinv Posts: 1,252
    edited 2020-08-04 01:14
    Was my post with a link to Peter's presentation deleted?
    Nope....just wrong thread. I don't know why a search for "hinv" with the most recent first didn't find it.
  • MJBMJB Posts: 1,235
    While you can place a tentative order, I'm not taking any more prepayments due to all kinds of revisions and delays that have been experienced up to this point. The other thing is in addition to the P2D2 is that when I finalized the P2PAL and P2LAB and some other modules, you may want these too.
    Well @"Peter Jakacki" then consider this my official tentative order for the full bundle.
    I have been waiting with ordering since I really need the P2Lab with the connectors ...
    I don^t want to have to build them myself.
    Especially having the IoT5500 and/or the ESP32 for the webserver again.