Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
New Parallax Gripper Available — Parallax Forums

New Parallax Gripper Available

PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
edited 2020-04-16 17:34 in Robotics
Looks like the new gripper Ken teased us with a video is now available in the Parallax store:

https://www.parallax.com/product/28203

Looks like a quality US built must have for a BoeBot or other robot.

Comments

• Awesome, looks really good. I was waiting on this before placing my next order. Unfortunately I only own the sumo bots at the moment, so I may need to look into a bigger platform as well...
  • Hey everybody. Let me be honest: this is a must-have! It's a loss leader, too! It's worth every bit of the $100, especially if you've monkeyed around with two-servo stuff from Amazon and eBay, dumping current as heat into a servo.

Money well-spent in my view and it comes with our 100% satisfaction guarantee!

Designed by a PhD mechanical engineer who was raised on the Boe-Bot. We met in NYC last summer at the request of a common professor and put this idea together. From his point, it's a "give back" to the company and community that inspired him to become who he is today.

Manufactured in Rocklin, CA on our CNC machines.

Ken Gracey
  • Ken Gracey wrote: »
    Hey everybody. Let me be honest: this is a must-have! It's a loss leader, too! It's worth every bit of the $100, especially if you've monkeyed around with two-servo stuff from Amazon and eBay, dumping current as heat into a servo.

Designed by a PhD mechanical engineer who was raised on the Boe-Bot. We met in NYC last summer at the request of a common professor and put this idea together. From his point, it's a "give back" to the company and community that inspired him to become who he is today.

Ken Gracey

Hey Ken,

Sorry to steal your thunder in the Announcment section. I like to get the word out as soon as it comes to my inbox. I know you guys are busy with your awesome education projects.
  • Publison wrote: »
    Ken Gracey wrote: »
    Hey everybody. Let me be honest: this is a must-have! It's a loss leader, too! It's worth every bit of the $100, especially if you've monkeyed around with two-servo stuff from Amazon and eBay, dumping current as heat into a servo.

Ken Gracey

Hey Ken,

Sorry to steal your thunder in the Announcment section. I like to get the word out as soon as it comes to my inbox. I know you guys are busy with your awesome education projects.

I want you to do that, Jim! It's our honor.

Ken Gracey
  • I love that it's aluminum parts, and it looks fantastic too!
    Honestly, I was expecting to have to pay more, and would have.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,250
    Seconded! $99 intro price is a smokin' hot deal for anything CNC'ed, and this thing is freakin' gorgeous. WANT!
  • erco wrote: »
    Seconded! $99 intro price is a smokin' hot deal for anything CNC'ed, and this thing is freakin' gorgeous. WANT!
    It does look pretty cool. Maybe I shouldn’t get rid of all my Parallax robots just yet!