Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
I am soooooooo bored!!! — Parallax Forums

I am soooooooo bored!!!

The weather here in north Idaho is still pretty wet, which puts the skids on outdoor projects (of which there are many!). Along with the current "stay home" orders, I'm left with a pretty bad case of cabin-fever and boredom brain-fog.

So in an attempt to get the cranial juices flowing, I pulled out a couple of kits to build. Heck, I might even unwrap a Propeller homework board that I picked up at UPEW back in 2012.

DJ

Comments

• Where did you find the relay board, thought those were discontinued.
  • DigitalBob wrote: »
    Where did you find the relay board, thought those were discontinued.

It's been hiding in my Parallax stash for a number of years. *8)
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    Can't have that! Come out to LA, I'll put you to work!
  • Eh... not bored at all around here. Though I'm wondering why one bag of rice has 7,132 grains and the other has 7,234 grains!

Nope, not bored at all!

Amanda :-)
  • On a serious note. Things to do:
    2 dual relay boards to build
    2 processor evaluation boards to build
    Add a header to an old 16x2 LCD
    Add directional headlights to my Budd RDC combine car
    Build a quarter wave ground plane antenna for the 900Mhz transceiver
    Build a dedicated PS for my Z80 breadboard project (Affectionately named "Medusa")

AND given my current motivation level these should last me through the rest of the year. :-|

@
  • Amanda -- because rice is sold by weight and rice grains aren't a uniform mass.

(I know you were joking, but you don't know how many times I've had this conversation with customers who don't understand why their counting scale doesn't give them results they understand.)
  • No time for boredom here, CT PMs & fixes, working on my platform load shift Prop project (and trying to get the hang of git), building a Vacuum forming machine and more than I will realistically get around to. Then again, my definition of realistic differs greatly from that of others.
  • K2K2 Posts: 691
    Our backyard sports a small mountain of tree boughs - the talk of the neighborhood no doubt. When I get bored I fire up the wood chipper. The resulting pile of mulch has grown dramatically in size this week. It's growing in other ways, too. Stuck my arm in it this morning - it's steaming hot. Not all bugs are bad.
    K2 wrote: »
    The resulting pile of mulch has grown dramatically in size this week.

Stella prefers leaf piles. She's never bored. :)

That is fantastic!! Loved the monarch butterfly wings. :) Forwarding this to the kids is a moral imperative.
  • I’ve got no shortage of spring yard work and gardening to do.... no time to be bored here:

The garden before:
    08F0C79E-400A-4CA5-A57A-0D715AB4C44A.jpeg

And after:
    51D12251-B106-4DC2-AAEF-6E30A04DC829.jpeg

Doc
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    doggiedoc wrote: »
    I’ve got no shortage of spring yard work and gardening to do.... no time to be bored here:

Doc

Now that's an impressive yard upgrade. Looks really nice.
    Bravo, doggiedoc! Looks great!
  • erco wrote: »
    Bravo, doggiedoc! Looks great!

Thanks! I’ve been leveraging the extra help around lately with everybody home for a change.
    Bored? Let's play with 120VAC and water!

Nah, just watch Electroboom get shocked.

• Erco,

Did I hear him say that he was a professional moron?
  • Why worry about a virus? This dude represents natural selection at its finest. He will one day become a politician. Or receive a Darwin award. Or both.......
  • W9GFOW9GFO Posts: 4,010
    Why worry about a virus? This dude represents natural selection at its finest. He will one day become a politician. Or receive a Darwin award. Or both.......
    A true Darwin Award recipient must qualify for the award before reproducing. Mehdi (ElectroBoom) has a daughter and is therefore ineligible.

• kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    Lets hope the sins of the father were not passed down to the daughter.
  • ...ok...they're built.

Now what's to do?
    1024 x 470 - 84K
  • davejames wrote: »
    ...ok...they're built.

Now what's to do?
    Write P2 code to drive them?

davejames wrote: »
    ...ok...they're built.

Now what's to do?

Program it to search and collect gold nuggets in Orfino Creek, por supuesto!
  • Develope a stealth shell and send it store to store on a T.P. and fill in the ________ hunt.
  • K2 wrote: »
    Program it to search and collect gold nuggets in Orfino Creek, por supuesto!

Well, I'd probably have better luck at finding gold rather than fish in the creek!
  • sam_sam_samsam_sam_sam Posts: 2,286
    edited 2020-05-11 21:23
    doggiedoc wrote: »
    I’ve got no shortage of spring yard work and gardening to do.... no time to be bored here:

51D12251-B106-4DC2-AAEF-6E30A04DC829.jpeg

Doc

Your garden look very nice I know it a lot of work

• doggiedoc wrote:
    Nice garden! That's a low fence, though. You must not have the deer problem extant in my town. The gardeners here have been lobbying for a Venison Festival for years.

-Phil
  • Thanks guys-! Phil, no deer problems. The fence is to keep my dogs and chickens out.
  • doggiedoc wrote: »
    Thanks guys-! Phil, no deer problems. The fence is to keep my dogs and chickens out.

Sir, that is one nice garden!
    Thanks guys-! Phil, no deer problems. The fence is to keep my dogs and chickens out.

Hopefully you used some gopher wire on the bottom, unless you don't have gophers...

Hopefully you used some gopher wire on the bottom, unless you don't have gophers...

The last gopher I saw, and likely the only one, was on Caddyshack.