Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
a goodbye to a beloved one — Parallax Forums

a goodbye to a beloved one

Tonight my beloved Irish Wulfhound Lilly passed away.

Not Parallax related, but somehow you are part of my family and shared pain is less pain.

DSCF8939.JPG

Mike

Comments

• I am sorry for your loss Mike.

Bruce
  • Francis BauerFrancis Bauer Posts: 353
    edited 2020-04-01 02:07
    msrobots wrote: »
    Tonight my beloved Irish Wulfhound Lilly passed away.

Not Parallax related, but somehow you are part of my family and shared pain is less pain.

Mike

It is always hard to lose part of your family, sorry for your loss... :-(
  • Losing a beloved pet is always hard. My sympathy for losing your "good girl" Lilly, Mike. I'm sure there must be many fond memories to savor.

Be well,
    -Phil
  • JDJD Posts: 570
    Im so sorry, that is a terrible loss. Dogs bring us some of the purest and kindest friendship, giving us countless good memories. I have no doubt Lilly was any different. Thankfully we have memories that will make us smile and laugh when we think of them for years to come.
  • Moments there are, when ever the passing time, decides for a pause,
    letting past, and present, to reach a lone meeting.
    One, now, holds pain; the other, good memories, brings together,
    at closer reach, they'll walk in peace, forever.

„Stille ist sehr wichtig. Die Stille zwischen den Noten ist genauso wichtig wie die Noten selbst.“
  • Mike,

Sorry for your loss. I know how hard that can be.

Paul
  • Sorry for your loss, Mike.
  • Dogs are the only animals which instinctually understand the human gesture of pointing at an object. Without any training, puppies understand what a human pointing means. Wolves, chimpanzees and other animals do not instinctually understand this gesture.

Just as humans have changed wolves into dogs, I think it could be argued dogs have contributed in changing pre-humans into the humans we are today.

I sometimes wonder if a human can be a complete human without a dog.

Lilly looked like a wonderful animal. I'm sorry for your loss.
  • I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, Mike. Losing a loved one is always hard, and our pets certainly qualify.
  • K2K2 Posts: 691
    What a great looking dog! Maybe time to get Wulffy II? We saved a little kitten a year ago, and tho she's a stinker she's really perked things up.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,254
    Very sorry to hear that, Mike. Dogs are good great people and they really are man's best friend. God bless you and Lilly.
  • Sorry to hear this, Mike. She looks like a gentle giant. I'm sure you had many good times. Take care.
  • Yes, a Wulfhound is some special kind of dog. They actually do not consider them selves as dogs. My mum had them when I grew up, so I remember walking with a dog taller then myself.

So over my lifetime I had the joy to live with nine of them, sometimes we had more then one. They are very gentile giants, all of them where sort of alike in there attitude.

Currently I am unsure, but I may get another pair of them. I am missing the companionship.

Mike
  • I didn't say anything before, Mike, but I am very sorry to hear this happening.
  • msrobots wrote: »
    ...and shared pain is less pain.
    Yes it is, Mike...yes it is.

Don't be concerned about sharing, there have been a number of us that posted when our furry companions had passed.

My condolences to you.

• My condolences also. They become much more then pets and love you no mater what/
  • My condolences. Dogs are great friends, and losing one is painful.
  • potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 10,254
    edited 2020-04-11 22:19
    Oh no. I am so sorry. Losing your dog is every bit as hard as it is a person.

Here's a hug. [ sorry man ]