Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Where are they now? — Parallax Forums

Where are they now?

Hey guys!
I haven't been around much... what with work and still recovering from the move. As I was unpacking, I came across a couple of Items that stirred my curiosity... an add-on board for the QuickStart to make a micro-computer and an enclosure for the Propeller Platform USB. Both made by guys I haven't seen in a while.... The Old Bit Collector and The Gadget Gangster.

Anyone know where they are now? Hope nothing bad!!!!!!! I kinda miss their posts!

Any how, finding a bit more time for Forum-ing, tinkering and dodging those virus things!
Hope everyone is okay!

Amanda

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    Hey Amanda: Great to hear from you again. I can't say where those guys are, but it's nice that many other Forumistas have been checking in recently to mark themselves safe... except for potatohead's tale of sickness and recovery.

Stay safe and have fun tinkering at home, at least 6 feet away from others!
  • I agree with guy over there wearing a blue fedora and two bored cats. It is indeed good to hear from you. Now about that Quickstart addon board, can you take a photo and present it to us? Same goes for that equally interesting other one.

Oh and be careful of the bears using your swimming pool.
  • Amanda,

OBC (Old Bit Collector) is still on the forum but I don't think he's active and Nick from Gadget Gangster has been MIA for years.

IIRC the Propeller Platform was actually design by the infamous Jon Williams.

Others on the forum might know more about your boards if you give the parts numbers and/or names.
  • erco wrote: »
    Hey Amanda: Great to hear from you again. I can't say where those guys are, but it's nice that many other Forumistas have been checking in recently to mark themselves safe... except for potatohead's tale of sickness and recovery.

Stay safe and have fun tinkering at home, at least 6 feet away from others!

Heh... that might be a job for a Ping or a Laser Rangefinder!

Amanda
  • Genetix wrote: »
    Amanda,

OBC (Old Bit Collector) is still on the forum but I don't think he's active and Nick from Gadget Gangster has been MIA for years.

Others on the forum might know more about your boards if you give the parts numbers and/or names.

Ah... wasn't looking for part information. Pretty well have that covered now. Just curious where those guys got off to. :-)

Amanda
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    Funny, OBC (Jeff's) dad "Gramps" reached out to me in the Picaxe forum. Both Gramps & OBC used to hang out here at Parallax. Gramps had a motor technical issue he PM'ed me about, so I asked him about Jeff. His brief reply:

Yup, it’s me. Jeff is doing well, sheltering in place in OH.

• Speaking of everybody, have not seen anything of the @Tymkrs in a while. They used to post some really cool stuff.
  • JonnyMacJonnyMac Posts: 8,912
    edited 2020-04-10 01:40
    I'm infamous? Zoinks -- how did I get there?
    I (the artist/programmer formerly known as Jon Williams) did design the original Propeller Platform for my Nuts & Volts column. It was based on the least expensive board one could get from ExpressPCB and used all through-hole parts; I wanted anyone to be able to build it. Others took the basic design and made changes and improvements, which is a good thing for the community.
  • Got me Jon.
    I've read your N&V columns. I would say that's the reason behind why Gentix said that.

--
    Word from mascot: Wake me when its over.
  • Amanda/Frank,

A lot of people have disappeared from the forum over the years including a number of Parallaxians.

Jon,

One of my long-term projects is using the Propeller in production tools and testers.