P2D2 with P2-revB - taking orders!

15678911»

Comments

  • Are there any extra P2D2's being shipped to the United States?




    Bill M.

    Yes, there should be some extra but I'm sorting that out today.
  • Just to let you know that DHL and therefore probably others, I have a DHL parcel on the way to Oz and it's been held up in Hong Kong for 5 days now. Looks like parcel traffic is being delayed probably due to less planes flying.
  • Good to know. Thanks for sharing this
    I was talking to a local board assembler yesterday and they mentioned something about this too
  • jmgjmg Posts: 14,289
    Cluso99 wrote: »
    Just to let you know that DHL and therefore probably others, I have a DHL parcel on the way to Oz and it's been held up in Hong Kong for 5 days now. Looks like parcel traffic is being delayed probably due to less planes flying.

    I wonder is that is also a deliberate and simple virus lifetime thing ? - a parcel that's been in storage for a few days, is less 'active' than a fast delivery parcel.
  • jmg wrote: »
    Cluso99 wrote: »
    Just to let you know that DHL and therefore probably others, I have a DHL parcel on the way to Oz and it's been held up in Hong Kong for 5 days now. Looks like parcel traffic is being delayed probably due to less planes flying.

    I wonder is that is also a deliberate and simple virus lifetime thing ? - a parcel that's been in storage for a few days, is less 'active' than a fast delivery parcel.

    Possibly. My wife had a package from Hong Kong suffer a similar delay about a week ago.
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 15,865
    edited 2020-03-19 - 09:47:26
    We know passenger aircraft carry some cargo depending on availability.

    Our national passenger airline Qantas had reduced overseas traffic by 90% tho now it is cancelling ALL overseas flights for the next 2 months. Interstate traffic is way down too.

    Australia and New Zealand have a no fly restriction for overseas travel now. And Tasmania is implementing a no travel restriction with the other states too.
  • Next step secession?
  • Nice time to get a P2, corona fallout in Europe.
    We need some toys to play @home
  • Ltech wrote: »
    Nice time to get a P2, corona fallout in Europe.
    We need some toys to play @home

    As we do in North America! :) Hopefully soon.
  • AJL wrote: »
    Next step secession?

    My family and I spent a week down on the west coast of Tassie in January. Time moves slower there. I can think of worse places to be isolated for 14 days. Good luck to the Tasmanians I hope they can minimise spread

    My brother in law thinks the pub would be the best place to be locked in/isolated for 14 days



  • Are there any extra P2D2 being shipped to Germany / Europe.
    I can't wait for P2 Rev. C available.
  • wummi wrote: »
    Are there any extra P2D2 being shipped to Germany / Europe.
    I can't wait for P2 Rev. C available.
    You can still get this if you're okay with the Rev B silicon: https://www.parallax.com/product/64000-es

  • But I prefer the P2D2 Board from Peter.
  • wummi wrote: »
    But I prefer the P2D2 Board from Peter.

    P2D2 will have Rev B chip.
  • wummi wrote: »
    But I prefer the P2D2 Board from Peter.
    Peter's board does seem like it will be nice when it finally ships. I thought you were anxious for something right now though and the Parallax board is the only option at present.

  • Starting to work with the P2 will include a lot of tasks. So even if P2D2 is not perfect, having them in the hands will allow to start the journey and finally come to a result. So PLEASE, Peter, send what you have to those waiting. And we here down over will start production and so help to spread Tachyon! Give us the chance.
  • Anybody has a P2D2 available?
  • The only ones you will find are probably in Australia, very few at that. I have not received the North American order yet.
  • ErNaErNa Posts: 1,365
    edited 2020-04-05 - 12:49:39
    I'd made different lift-offs with Tachyon but they all failed. Now, that P2 incorporates Tachyon and we all can easily do the one-liners Peter has foreseen, I hope to have the final break-through. Just now, as the world is frozen and we have a little time to focus on what is really important, I'm quite puzzled about Peters absence.
  • I certainly hope he's OK. I had been delaying a long planned project awaiting the P2D2 but fully understand that Peter was having some difficulties and it would be a while longer. In the meantime I have been plonking along on code enhancements and optimizations on my Rev A ES dev board which unfortunately stopped working a couple of weeks ago for no obvious reason. Such is the life of an early adopter, it's all good! I have now received the Rev B ES Dev Board and back at killing boredom.
  • pmrobert wrote: »
    I certainly hope he's OK. I had been delaying a long planned project awaiting the P2D2 but fully understand that Peter was having some difficulties and it would be a while longer. In the meantime I have been plonking along on code enhancements and optimizations on my Rev A ES dev board which unfortunately stopped working a couple of weeks ago for no obvious reason. Such is the life of an early adopter, it's all good! I have now received the Rev B ES Dev Board and back at killing boredom.
    It looks like Peter was online today. I guess he's just being quiet.

Sign In or Register to comment.