Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Elev8-v3 discontinued — Parallax Forums

Elev8-v3 discontinued

I was browsing the store and saw this. When did this happen and will there be another drone?

https://www.parallax.com/product/80300

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2020-03-17 13:50
    It's been gone for almost a year. My take is there are too many cheaper Chinese quads out there.
    I would not expect another.
  • Whoah. I clearly have been busy.
  • I suppose you have been. I should also mention that there are also plenty of drone kits out there based on breakdown kits.
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2020-03-17 23:23
    I suppose you have been. I should also mention that there are also plenty of drone kits out there based on breakdown kits.

But none based on a Propeller. :)
  • Publison wrote: »
    I suppose you have been. I should also mention that there are also plenty of drone kits out there based on breakdown kits.

But none based on a Propellor. :)

nono, they all have propellers...

Mike
  • msrobots wrote: »
    Publison wrote: »

But none based on a Propellor. :)

nono, they all have propellers...

Mike

:):)
  • AwesomeCronkAwesomeCronk Posts: 1,055
    edited 2020-03-18 01:54
    The humor this devolves into. 😂
  • Is the elev-8 prop-based flight controller still available? Because that could easily be retrofitted onto a variety of generic quad frames. I know a guy who is using arduinos and has the carrier board wire-tied to the frame.
  • The humor this devolves into. 😂

Humor is an important vehicle in writing programs. You should see the screwy texts contained in the Fortune program data file for Linux.
  • localroger wrote: »
    Is the elev-8 prop-based flight controller still available? Because that could easily be retrofitted onto a variety of generic quad frames. I know a guy who is using arduinos and has the carrier board wire-tied to the frame.

I believe so.

But what is that big well dressed individual perched on your desk and watching you work, doing there?
  • I suppose you have been. I should also mention that there are also plenty of drone kits out there based on breakdown kits.

I should also mention that there is also a kit that's supportive of Lego.
  • localroger wrote: »
    Is the elev-8 prop-based flight controller still available? Because that could easily be retrofitted onto a variety of generic quad frames. I know a guy who is using arduinos and has the carrier board wire-tied to the frame.

The Flight Controller , 80204, is no longer available.