Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
SimpleIDE Flash Firmware - Build Error — Parallax Forums

SimpleIDE Flash Firmware - Build Error

pdubwernerpdubwerner Posts: 2
edited 2020-03-05 07:25 in Robotics
I'm trying to flash Roboscape Firmware onto our class set of Activity Bots. I'm getting an error having to do with "...bad function call or global vairable name '_drive_speed'. Under the Build Error Rescue selection under the Help drop down, the program asked me to copy and paste the following information and ask for help, please help!?
Project Directory: C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/RoboScape Firmware 2019-08-05/firmware/

SimpleIDE Version 1.1.2
C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/
C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/ Updated on: 2020-03-04

propeller-elf-gcc.exe -v GCC 4.6.1 (propellergcc_v1_0_0_2408)
propeller-elf-gcc.exe -I . -L . -I C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/Utility/libsimpletools -L C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/Utility/libsimpletools/cmm/ -I C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/TextDevices/libsimpletext -L C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/TextDevices/libsimpletext/cmm/ -I C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/Protocol/libsimplei2c -L C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/Protocol/libsimplei2c/cmm/ -I C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/TextDevices/libfdserial -L C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/TextDevices/libfdserial/cmm/ -I C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/Sensor/libping -L C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/Sensor/libping/cmm/ -Os -mcmm -m32bit-doubles -fno-exceptions -std=c99 -c xbee.c -o cmm/xbee.o
propeller-elf-gcc.exe -I . -L . -I C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/Utility/libsimpletools -L C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/Utility/libsimpletools/cmm/ -I C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/TextDevices/libsimpletext -L C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/TextDevices/libsimpletext/cmm/ -I C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/Protocol/libsimplei2c -L C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/Protocol/libsimplei2c/cmm/ -I C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/TextDevices/libfdserial -L C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/TextDevices/libfdserial/cmm/ -I C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/Sensor/libping -L C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/Sensor/libping/cmm/ -Os -mcmm -m32bit-doubles -fno-exceptions -std=c99 -c melody.c -o cmm/melody.o
propeller-elf-gcc.exe -I . -L . -I C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/Utility/libsimpletools -L C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/Utility/libsimpletools/cmm/ -I C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/TextDevices/libsimpletext -L C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/TextDevices/libsimpletext/cmm/ -I C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/Protocol/libsimplei2c -L C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/Protocol/libsimplei2c/cmm/ -I C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/TextDevices/libfdserial -L C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/TextDevices/libfdserial/cmm/ -I C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/Sensor/libping -L C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/Sensor/libping/cmm/ -o roboscape.elf -Os -mcmm -m32bit-doubles -fno-exceptions -std=c99 cmm/xbee.o cmm/melody.o -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wl,--gc-sections roboscape.c -lm -lsimpletools -lsimpletext -lsimplei2c -lfdserial -lping -lm -lsimpletools -lsimpletext -lsimplei2c -lfdserial -lm -lsimpletools -lsimpletext -lsimplei2c -lm -lsimpletools -lsimpletext -lm -lsimpletools -lm
roboscape.c: In function 'software_reset_xbee':
roboscape.c:176:25: warning: unknown escape sequence: '\8' [enabled by default]
C:\Users\pwerner\AppData\Local\Temp\ccqBgqK1.o: In function `.L50':
(.text.startup.main+0x30f): undefined reference to `_drive_speed'
(.text.startup.main+0x34b): undefined reference to `_drive_getTicks'
(.text.startup.main+0x3a3): undefined reference to `_drive_goto
'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Done. Build Failed!

Check source for bad function call or global variable name `_drive_speed'
(.text.startup.main+0x34b): 

Comments

• It looks like your trying to use the abdrive library but it's not finding the library functions to link into your program.

The link section is missing this library.

Mike
  • dgatelydgately Posts: 1,621
    edited 2020-03-05 15:29
    In SimpleIDE's Project menu, you'll find an option to Zip your whole project which you can attach to a posting here, for others to help you debug this problem.

BTW: In the project did you use the "Add Simple Library" in the Project menu to add the libabdrive library to your project? It lives in the Robotics/ActivityBot360 (or Robotics/ActivityBot) directory within the Simple Libraries path. That will include the abdrive.h file in your source but also add it to the linker portion of the command that builds your project. In your posting of the error codes, I don't see something like: "-I C:/Users/pwerner/Documents/SimpleIDE/Learn/Simple Libraries/Robotics/ActivityBot/libabdrive", which would be required to link your project.

dgately
  • Check the #include statements at the beginning of your program. If you add:

#include "abdrive360.h"

...those particular compiler errors might just clear right up.
  • Thank you to all of you who replied, and thank you for replying so quickly! As it turns out, dgately, you were correct in that we missed downloading the "Simple Library Community" folder. I'm a teacher at Rocklin High School, and we have the great fortune of having one of Parallax's student interns, Aiden Taylor on campus, so he is also helping me. He came in, looked a the problem, read your comments, and figured out exactly what we needed to do.

Thank you again! This Parallax Forum is outstanding!
  • pdubwerner wrote: »
    Thank you to all of you who replied, and thank you for replying so quickly! As it turns out, dgately, you were correct in that we missed downloading the "Simple Library Community" folder. I'm a teacher at Rocklin High School, and we have the great fortune of having one of Parallax's student interns, Aiden Taylor on campus, so he is also helping me. He came in, looked a the problem, read your comments, and figured out exactly what we needed to do.

Thank you again! This Parallax Forum is outstanding!

Great news! Rocklin ROCKS1