Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Do you want Dark Mode here? — Parallax Forums

Do you want Dark Mode here?

Here's how to do it in chrome without the site needing to do anything:
https://www.howtogeek.com/446198/how-to-force-dark-mode-on-every-website-in-google-chrome/

It's not perfect, but man my eyes are loving the lack of blinding white here and everywhere else that doesn't have dark mode.

Comments

• Roy Eltham wrote: »
    Here's how to do it in chrome without the site needing to do anything:
    https://www.howtogeek.com/446198/how-to-force-dark-mode-on-every-website-in-google-chrome/

It's not perfect, but man my eyes are loving the lack of blinding white here and everywhere else that doesn't have dark mode.

Most assuredly. But after finding the term, and enabling it, this screen looks better.
  • Looks good on my phone too. Must save power on OLED displays too.
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    I've been using dark mode on VSCode for the past 2 years. Much better on the eyes.
    You can really see the difference with multiple monitors with one on dark mode.
  • Cluso99 wrote: »
    I've been using dark mode on VSCode for the past 2 years. Much better on the eyes.

Decades ago all computer monitors were "dark mode" :wink:
    Then came the first Macs and that emphasized black on a predominately white background, and then color graphics wanted to show off color graphics, until decades later, and now we have "dark mode" once again! :smile:

My code editors and normally dark mode, but the terminal has always been dark mode.
  • I set everything I can to dark mode, and have forever. That's why I was happy to find this option in chrome so I could make every website dark mode!
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    edited 2020-02-21 10:32
    Hey hey... yes Peter, we had white/green/orange characters on a black screen in the 70's & 80's :wink:

Now, chrome needs an option to turn chrome's tabs/header to dark mode too ;)

BTW Thanks Roy

OT:
    Did you know Apple conducted a poll ~1984ish asking users if they had a monochrome or color screen? A huge number said color when in fact they had a monochrome green on black.
  • Skews the data a bit, don’t it!
  • Cluso99 wrote: »

VS Code's default dark theme looks like the night sky near a big city - not dark a all :)

Default dark theme: default%20dark.PNG
    "Dark+ (contrast)" theme:darkplus.PNG
    1288 x 1024 - 175K
    1288 x 1024 - 178K
  • sam_sam_samsam_sam_sam Posts: 2,286
    edited 2020-02-21 14:57
    For me I like black background if the type size is big enough and easy to read

But I find most of time the type size is to small and takes a little time for eyes to adjust to this type of screen

This has been a problem for me when I use to use a computer to surf the internet and had to use the DOS commands to troubleshoot errors and other issues