Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
EU and UK customers for P2: who is your preferred source? — Parallax Forums

EU and UK customers for P2: who is your preferred source?

Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
edited 2020-01-22 02:04 in Propeller 2
Hello, Dobriy den, Hola. Bonjour, Zdravstvuyte, Olá, Hallo, Hej,

I hope nobody feels left out, especially Scandinavians since I may have omitted your language's greeting. For all of our beloved European Propeller 2 present and future customers, I'd like to know who you prefer as a distributor in your region.

Mouser, Digi-Key, RS Components, Elfa? Somebody else? Who do you want to buy from?

We'll be quite restricted in initial P2 distribution due to distributor training and support, but we plan on having at least one or two in your region. Soon we need to set them up.

If you could tell me who you prefer (and your country) this would be helpful.

Sincerely,

Ken Gracey
Parallax Inc.

Comments

• ReinhardReinhard Posts: 489
    edited 2020-01-22 04:17
    Hi,
    All my P1 Boards (Demo-, Activity- and PropStick) I ordered here: (Germany)
    https://elmicro.com/catalog/mcu/propeller/

Reinhard
  • Reinhard wrote: »
    Hi,
    All my P1 Boards (Demo-, Activity- and PropStick) I ordered here:
    https://elmicro.com/catalog/mcu/propeller/

Reinhard

Sehr gut. Oliver ist seit über 20 Jahren ein Freund von mir. Wir werden weiterhin durch sie verkaufen. Irgendwann 1997 besuchten wir EL Micro in Dresden.

Danke, Reinhard.

Ken Gracey
  • I got most of my Propellers from Watterott (near Göttingen).
  • AribaAriba Posts: 2,682
    From Switzerland (not really in EU or UK, but in Europe) I prefere:

1. DigiKey
    2. Mouser

Andy
  • Norway calling. I hope that RScomponents could provide more of the Parallax sortiment.
  • Ariba wrote: »
    From Switzerland (not really in EU or UK, but in Europe) I prefere:

1. DigiKey
    2. Mouser

Andy

Yes on both of these guys, who have been waiting patiently.

Ken Gracey
  • LA6WNA wrote: »
    Norway calling. I hope that RScomponents could provide more of the Parallax sortiment.

Yes on these guys; making an appointment to visit them in Corby, UK. Always been a good advocate of Parallax.

Ken Gracey
  • I'm from Denmark.
    For prototyping Digi-Key or RScomponents would be great. I plan to purchase directly from parralax for production, because I think prices is too high at the resellers.
  • I'm from Denmark.
    Digi-Key or RScomponents would be great.

+1
  • Some years ago I usually ordered directly from Parallax until UPS shipping costs went up. Now, I order large quantities from Mouser. For small quantities I prefer Farnell or RS because there're a little bit faster here in Germany.
  • Ahle2Ahle2 Posts: 1,178
    edited 2020-01-22 08:33
    I used to buy my Propellers through Elfa, then LAWICEL, but nowdays I mostly use Digikey.
    Elfa used to be the only option for hobbyists. Now it's easy to buy from anywhere through the Internet.

But I still would like to buy from Elfa or LAWICEL if the price is right.
  • evanhevanh Posts: 15,192
    Those outfits deliver to Australia and New Zealand too. Ordering parts that are stocked in UK, for example, just has a one week delivery is all, no extra charge. And presumably they also cover most of rest of the world.

• Italy here, consider I'm just a hobbist in electronics so I cannot talk about large quantity orders. Mouser does a very good service and I prefer to order by them whenever possible. Also RS Components and Digikey are OK. Farnell has (usually) very high markups which makes second choice for me. Sometimes some smaller German distributors have better prices and are very fast in terms of service/delivery.
  • ErNaErNa Posts: 1,742
    We buy mostly from Mouser
  • I'm in Italy, my preferred source is Mouser.
    Also using Farnell and RS Components but usually they have an higher threshold for free shipping (not very good for hobbysts or small quantities) and sometimes higher prices, so I'm using them only if I can't find things elsewhere.
  • Hi,
    In Germany ExpTech. https://www.exp-tech.de/
    Perhaps Reichelt.
  • Any chance that more P1 products showing up in RScomponent stock? Like the Flip module..
  • In italy I've bought your products from

digikey.it
    mouser.it
    robotshop.com

Once also www.robot-italy.com had a few parallax products and the propeller IC was at the lower price you can found in Italy.
  • Hi
    In UK I've used Hobbytronics and Radiospares ( https://uk.rs-online.com/web/ ).
    RS have already quite a range of Parallax stuff.
    I will only be buying 'modules' with cpu, power, etc etc. and in hobbyist quantities.
    Dave

• I am sure that a future demo board will be developed very well and user-friendly. But there must also be documentation. The documentation should show the chip internals and should contain at least one example of assembler programming for each hardware unit. This is definitely an effort that has to be paid for, but the acceptance of dealing with it multiplies.
  • In the UK I've purchased small quantities of Parallax products from RS Components and Digi-Key, both excellent.
  • In Argentina, DigiKey - Mouser, for me is the better choice due the shipping costs.
  • CongaConga Posts: 51
    edited 2020-01-23 18:45
    In EU. Using Mouser, was always OK.

I'm not in Germany but I would buy from smaller German distributors if needed. Had positive experience.
  • From Belgium,
    Groetjes, bonjour.

1) RS Component
    2) Farnell
    3) Digi-Key

We have antratek.be /antratek.nl, but slow on Parallax new items and small stock

Thank you Ken !