Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Deagostini Robot 2002. English version of Software? — Parallax Forums

Deagostini Robot 2002. English version of Software?

JohnnyStormJohnnyStorm Posts: 1
edited 2020-01-20 22:54 in Robotics
Hello there!
I found this collection on the web, released by deagostini 18 years ago in which you built and programmed your own robot. I am talking about this collection: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1py0s84ez11brwo/fascicoli.jpg?dl=0
In one of the CDs there is a software that allows the user to program the robot. This software was made by parallax inc. It has the parallax logo on it. The software is called “Robot Facile”. It’s in Italian.
I am talking about this software: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xk7h17bmj15c61g/Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (18).png?dl=0
However, as you can see, everything inside this software is in Italian! I cant speak Italian. I speak only English and Greek. I have searched the web for hours and I cant find this software in any other language than Italian.
I need it! Do you have the English or Greek version of the software?

Comments

• VonSzarvasVonSzarvas Posts: 3,272
    edited 2022-09-20 06:48
    Found some old posts...

https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/74876/deagostini-robot
    https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/62560/parallax-and-deagostini

This robot was available only in Greece via the Deagostini magazines.

The robot is programmed with a BS2 via a Greek GUI.

For more information, please contact Deagostini directly.

However... Deagostini magazines seems to have closed business on 2016.

However... as that robot was built with a BS2 module, you could create your own software using one of the Parallax BS2 GUI's...

ParallaxIDE on most any OS via a Chrome app
    or
    Basic Stamp Editor software for Windows.

Free downloads here : https://www.parallax.com/downloads/basic-stamp-software

Edit: Update.... As @NikosG pointed out, there's the English version similar to the Greek GUI here: https://www1.parallax.com/downloads/gui-bot-software-basic-stamp-boe-bot

• Johnny,
    @NikosG is a master forum contributor with Greek connections. If you send him a PM he may have some thoughts.
  • NikosGNikosG Posts: 705
    edited 2020-01-21 21:08
    Is this the software you are looking for?
    GUIBotGRK.jpg

787 x 492 - 111K
  • Nikos has the holy grail? :)
  • Publison wrote: »
    Nikos has the holy grail? :)

Yes! Here it is:
  • Like I said, master contributor (and educator as well) !!
  • This 18 years ago now looks like 35+ years. So much has changed, especially the value delivered to a customer. The Deagostini robot was built one piece per week, over 40 weeks - at a significant cost in excess of $400 if I recall correctly.

Look what you can get today for 1/10th the cost. Wow!

There's an English version of this software out there, somewhere. Jeff and I managed an intern who created it.

Ken Gracey
  • Nikos, can you translate some of the icons. Specifically upload. I have a BoeBot that seems to be recognized on port 67. Too bad the icon are graphics. Google translate does not like them. :)
  • Ken Gracey wrote: »
    This 18 years ago now looks like 35+ years. So much has changed, especially the value delivered to a customer. The Deagostini robot was built one piece per week, over 40 weeks - at a significant cost in excess of $400 if I recall correctly.

Look what you can get today for 1/10th the cost. Wow!

Nah, magazines like that are just as expensive as back then.
  • TorTor Posts: 2,010
    Publison wrote: »
    Too bad the icon are graphics. Google translate does not like them. :)
    The translation app (android or ios) uses the camera. If the letters (icon or text, doesn't matter) is clear, it can translate.

• NikosGNikosG Posts: 705
    edited 2020-01-23 18:15
    Nikos, can you translate some of the icons. Specifically upload. I have a BoeBot that seems to be recognized on port 67. Too bad the icon are graphics. Google translate does not like them. :)

I think that Parallax already has the English version of this software on basic stamp resources (as it is mentioned above from @VonSzarvas here:

So the English interface is this:
    GUIBoteg.jpg
    The translation is good enough and all the buttons in the right place. The "upload" button in Greek version is the button "Φόρτωση" in the same position as all the rest buttons.
    472 x 435 - 70K
  • Nikos, I missed that link to the Basic Stamp downloads! It's there after all these years!
  • Tor wrote: »
    Too bad the icon are graphics. Google translate does not like them. :)
    The translation app (android or ios) uses the camera. If the letters (icon or text, doesn't matter) is clear, it can translate.

Did not know about this. Impressed on the real-time translation on a cell phone! Thanks @Tor !
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2020-01-23 19:00
    Sweet! Dropped COM from 67 to 9 and everything worked on a 2008 BOE-BOT! Used the 64 bit friendly install on AMD 64Bit Windows 7 Pro.

Now we need the OP to log in again to see what all the forum people have for him. He hasn't signed in since the first post.
  • Publison wrote: »
    Sweet! Dropped COM from 67 to 9 and everything worked on a 2008 BOE-BOT! Used the 64 bit friendly install on AMD 64Bit Windows 7 Pro.

Now we need the OP to log in again to see what all the forum people have for him. He hasn't signed in since the first post.

I also used the same idea on this machine, both before an OS restore and afterwards, and found that the one that was assembled from previously supplied parts works.

As to the second part? Yes of course.
  • καλημερα παιδια! Μηπως εχει δοκιμασει κανεις να αλλαξει τις τιμες στους χρονους διπλα σε καθε ενεργεια στο gui bot? γιατι αν τις αλλαξω και το αποθηκευσω σε αρχειο και μετα το φορτωσω απο το αρχειο στο προγραμμα, ξαναγυρναει στις default τιμες στους χρονους, σαν να μην το αποθηκευει σωστα. ΤΟ εχετε μηπως αντιμετωπισει? Το ιδιο παθαινω και οταν πχ στην στηλη των αισθητηρων , αν αλλαξω τα ποσα second θελω στην καρτελα ολες και μετα παω να επιλεξω 1ο σετ, τοτε οταν ξαναπατησω την καρτελα ολες, δεν εχει κρατησει τους αλλαγμενους χρονους. Τι μπορω να κανω? ειναι ουσιαστικα σαν να μην μπορω να λλαξω την διαρκει καθε βηματος. Να σημειωσω εδω οτι δεν το εβαλα απο το αρχειο που εχετε ανεβασει εδω για το gui bot, γιατι οταν το εβαλα απο εκει, οταν εστελνα στο robot το τι να κανει, δεν προσχρουσε σωστα. Και μετα βρηκα απο το cd Που ειχα και το εβαλα απο εκει το αυθεντικο. Νομιζω οτι αυτο που ειναι ανεβασμενο εδω ισως αφορα πιο νεα εκδοση του basic stamp ( basic stamp 2)? . Επισης τα λινκ για το gui bot απο το site της parallax den υπαρχου πια. Και εαν καταλαβα καλα υπαρχει διαφορετικο προγραμμα για διαφορετικες εκδοσεις toy basic stamp

• @sotiraw said:
    καλημερα παιδια! Μηπως εχει δοκιμασει κανεις να αλλαξει τις τιμες στους χρονους διπλα σε καθε ενεργεια στο gui bot? γιατι αν τις αλλαξω και το αποθηκευσω σε αρχειο και μετα το φορτωσω απο το αρχειο στο προγραμμα, ξαναγυρναει στις default τιμες στους χρονους, σαν να μην το αποθηκευει σωστα. ΤΟ εχετε μηπως αντιμετωπισει? Το ιδιο παθαινω και οταν πχ στην στηλη των αισθητηρων , αν αλλαξω τα ποσα second θελω στην καρτελα ολες και μετα παω να επιλεξω 1ο σετ, τοτε οταν ξαναπατησω την καρτελα ολες, δεν εχει κρατησει τους αλλαγμενους χρονους. Τι μπορω να κανω? ειναι ουσιαστικα σαν να μην μπορω να λλαξω την διαρκει καθε βηματος. Να σημειωσω εδω οτι δεν το εβαλα απο το αρχειο που εχετε ανεβασει εδω για το gui bot, γιατι οταν το εβαλα απο εκει, οταν εστελνα στο robot το τι να κανει, δεν προσχρουσε σωστα. Και μετα βρηκα απο το cd Που ειχα και το εβαλα απο εκει το αυθεντικο. Νομιζω οτι αυτο που ειναι ανεβασμενο εδω ισως αφορα πιο νεα εκδοση του basic stamp ( basic stamp 2)? . Επισης τα λινκ για το gui bot απο το site της parallax den υπαρχου πια. Και εαν καταλαβα καλα υπαρχει διαφορετικο προγραμμα για διαφορετικες εκδοσεις toy basic stamp

A valid post but you would have to use Google Translate to read it.

• @Publison said:

@sotiraw said:
    καλημερα παιδια! Μηπως εχει δοκιμασει κανεις να αλλαξει τις τιμες στους χρονους διπλα σε καθε ενεργεια στο gui bot? γιατι αν τις αλλαξω και το αποθηκευσω σε αρχειο και μετα το φορτωσω απο το αρχειο στο προγραμμα, ξαναγυρναει στις default τιμες στους χρονους, σαν να μην το αποθηκευει σωστα. ΤΟ εχετε μηπως αντιμετωπισει? Το ιδιο παθαινω και οταν πχ στην στηλη των αισθητηρων , αν αλλαξω τα ποσα second θελω στην καρτελα ολες και μετα παω να επιλεξω 1ο σετ, τοτε οταν ξαναπατησω την καρτελα ολες, δεν εχει κρατησει τους αλλαγμενους χρονους. Τι μπορω να κανω? ειναι ουσιαστικα σαν να μην μπορω να λλαξω την διαρκει καθε βηματος. Να σημειωσω εδω οτι δεν το εβαλα απο το αρχειο που εχετε ανεβασει εδω για το gui bot, γιατι οταν το εβαλα απο εκει, οταν εστελνα στο robot το τι να κανει, δεν προσχρουσε σωστα. Και μετα βρηκα απο το cd Που ειχα και το εβαλα απο εκει το αυθεντικο. Νομιζω οτι αυτο που ειναι ανεβασμενο εδω ισως αφορα πιο νεα εκδοση του basic stamp ( basic stamp 2)? . Επισης τα λινκ για το gui bot απο το site της parallax den υπαρχου πια. Και εαν καταλαβα καλα υπαρχει διαφορετικο προγραμμα για διαφορετικες εκδοσεις toy basic stamp

A valid post but you would have to use Google Translate to read it.

Hello!
    He said, "Goodmorning guys! Has anyone tried to change the values ​​in the times next to each energy in the gui bot? because if I change them and save it to a file and then load it from the file to the program, it goes back to the default values ​​over time, as if it didn't save it correctly. Have you dealt with that? I get the same thing when, for example, in the sensors column, if I change the number of seconds I want in the all tab and then I go to select the 1st set, then when I press the all tab again, it has not kept the changed times. What can I do? it's essentially like I can't change the duration of each step. I should note here that I didn't download it from the file you uploaded here for the gui bot, because when I downloaded it from there, when I was sending the robot what to do, it didn't apply properly. And then I found the original from the CD I had and put it in from there. I think that what is uploaded here maybe refers to a newer version of basic stamp (basic stamp 2)? . Also, the links for the gui bot from the parallax den site no longer exist. And if I understand correctly, there is a different program for different editions of the toy basic stamp" And regarding the link for it, should it be located on the older version of the site?

But what's with the robot trying to hitchhike in front of your place Pub? It's got a sign out that says "California?"

• oh i am sorry. I have this old deagostini robot mentioned here on this thread , and i have a problem with the gui bot software. it works fine except a bug. When you use any of the command icons, for example to move forward icon, there is a default value next to it that is how many seconds it will move. This is free to be changed to some range, BUT when i change it, for example to make it 2 seconds instead of 1.6 seconds, the value returns to default by it self in two cases. One is when you save the project - program to use it later, and one is also when you are on the sensors right part , and you need to change tab to sets1, set2 etc.

My software, gui bot, is from the original cd of this deagostini robot. I tried these software here on the links both greek and english, and they seem yo be newer, and not compatible with my robot. Is there anyone has another version of gui robot?? that hasnt got this bug?
    i seem to be searching version 1.1 something , or version 1.2 something. ( links are from version 1.3 or something else not compatible)