Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Santa starts delivering... — Parallax Forums

Santa starts delivering...

msrobotsmsrobots Posts: 3,701
edited 2019-12-30 00:32 in General Discussion
So thanks to some helpful forum member I was send a link to banggood.com.

And I decided to - skip that family thing - and buy myself some Christmas gifts. And so I did.

Since I just moved into my new office/work shop and still have some spare space on my Desks it was a Rush of cheap stuff, sure I do not really NEED a assorted pack of resistors, but they come in a box and just $2.xx, same goes for capacitors, leds, transistors, all nicely stackable.

It did not end there, the primary reason I got the link was one of those microscopes to use for soldring so I got one and a nicer iron as I had before.

And then I stumbled over that scope. I do have a PropScope, not using it often, but helped me out a lot of time to fix my mistakes. It is just nice to see the stuff.

I pondered a while and ordered it. Came in today and I am overwhelmed. Very nice quality, solid build and lots of features I never new where possible. Lots to read and try, but now I should be able to hunt down the transmission error in my ringbuffer project. At least I hope so.

Merry Christmas to all except my family and

thanks @rjo__ ,

correction : it was @rosco_pc

Mike

Comments

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    msrobots wrote: »

And I decided to - skip that family thing - and buy myself some Christmas gifts. And so I did.

Since I just moved into my new office/work shop and still have some spare space on my Desks it was a Rush of cheap stuff, sure I do not really NEED a assorted pack of resistors, but they come in a box and just $2.xx, same goes for capacitors, leds, transistors, all nicely stackable.

It did not end there, the primary reason I got the link was one of those microscopes to use for soldring so I got one and a nicer iron as I had before.

And then I stumbled over that scope. I do have a PropScope, not using it often, but helped me out a lot of time to fix my mistakes. It is just nice to see the stuff.

I pondered a while and ordered it. Came in today and I am overwhelmed. Very nice quality, solid build and lots of features I never new where possible. Lots to read and try, but now I should be able to hunt down the transmission error in my ringbuffer project. At least I hope so.

Merry Christmas to all except my family and

thanks @rjo__ ,

Mike

Luckily it wasn't erco's tips or you would have overflowed your workshop ;)
  • msrobotsmsrobots Posts: 3,701
    edited 2019-12-27 06:50
    Yes, but banggood is worse enough.

The scope is sort of hackable, I will try out the new soldering station tomorrow and give the poor thing a prop plug connector to get access to the root terminal.

Still no success with COBOL under CP/M, both versions I have produce some dump I do not understand. Everything else works neat and makes a lot of fun.

And I need to understand @rogloh's driver to build a multi port ANSI terminal for the P2, useful anyway...

Mike

• ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    Cluso99 wrote: »

Luckily it wasn't erco's tips or you would have overflowed your workshop ;)

Guilty as charged! I haven't had much time to post hoarding tips lately (business is booming) but it's nice to be called out remembered. :)

• msrobots wrote: »

correction : it was @rosco_pc

Mike
    you're welcome. And my sincere apologies to your family ;)