For those that don't know me, I'm Martin Hebel, Associate Professor teaching technology (not engineering/CS) at Southern Illinois University and owner of SelmaWare Solutions (StampPlot/MakerPlot/StampDAQ software) and an early user (pre-release) of P1 including a book chapter in the Propeller text and XBee text using it, author of XBee Object and BS2 Function Object for P1. In any case... It's been about 6 years since I did anything serious with a Propeller.
The P2 has me intrigued and a few of my students will be applying for a undergraduate assistanceship to do a large scale project with the P2. While I won't get into details now of the overall focus, here's what I know it will need to do:
- Output to HDMI monitor for active graphical information.
- Be able to collect data from USB communications device - This may be tough one, but want to accept data from RTL-SDR digitally broadcast data. I have access to Linux code for same use so should be able to port it over?
- Interface with I2C and multiple other input devices for monitoring environmental parameters.
- Possibly produce output frequency of modulated digital around 1Ghz?
I've look over the datasheets, seen USB included, HDMI out, lot of great stuff the P1 had of course.
I've ordered the P2-ES Accessory board adapters.
1. So, it looks like all this is do-able??
2. When it comes to Programming/Objects for HDMI, I2C, USB, etc - are these and examples available yet?
3. As to languages I have FlexGUI now (nice job), is one language/editor preferable over the other for this? Objects restricted to Spin? etc?
4. Are available objects needed for this available now or in near future?
The real work on this probably won't start until summer and they have 1 year funding (if approved), but I'm looking to plan things out now, so if things WILL become available soon, please keep that in mind if you have feedback!
Thank you Chip and all the developers here for your efforts on the P2!