@cgracey

Reloaded it forgot to press publish SORRY

@"Moderator Monkey"
Please delete the prior forum thread, Thanks

Comments

• Excuse the audio
  • evanhevanh Posts: 15,126
    edited 2019-12-02 03:56
    You can go back and edit old posts yourself.

EDIT: That works now. :) Those are comport commanded displays, right?

• @evanh

How do I do that?

Can you see the video??

And how do I edit old posts? I right clicked and left clicked and did not see anything to edit.
    Thanks
  • why would you start a duplicate thread when all you have to do is edit your posts on the other thread. You can even delete attachments and load new ones etc. Talk about clutter!
    Oh, yeah, the edit feature is a small gear icon in top right corner of each post. It's a tad dorky as it is the only item in the whole website that needs javascript.

• Here is the spin code. 4d systems works in hex. A REAL PAIN.
  • @evanh

Thanks.
    BTW your p2asm lessons have really helped me. Made a major understanding breakthrough. That, coupled with reading everybody's code has, tought me a lot.
    Found the small gear thanks.
    Plus how does one when quoting someones post quote only a small portion of the quote? Is there a manual for the forum? probably not. :smiley:
    Thanks for the source. I think I can see some easier things to do, sending strings don't have to be so painful, you should be able to do this for example:
    '************HELLO
          screen.tx($00)'PUTSTRING
          screen.tx($06)
          screen.str("Hello")

pilot0315 wrote: »
    Plus how does one when quoting someones post quote only a small portion of the quote? Is there a manual for the forum? probably not. :smiley:
    That's a case of deleting parts of the quoted text in your edit box after clicking the quote button. All the quoted text is between [ quote ] and [ /quote ]. And there can be multiple layers of quoting. You just have to be careful about which parts you delete exactly.

• cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,133
    Looks good, Pilot. Are the circles being computed in the P2 or does display have some ability to do that?
    The display does it, here's an example from Pilot's source code:
    pub filledcircle(x0,x1,y0,y1,rad0,rad1,col0,col1) ' red
          screen.tx($FF)
          screen.tx($CC)
          screen.tx(x0)
          screen.tx(x1)
          screen.tx(y0)
          screen.tx(y1)
          screen.tx(rad0)
          screen.tx(rad1)
          screen.tx(col0)
          screen.tx(col1)

Note: x0 is high byte and x1 is low byte of the one value. And so on for y, rad, and col.

• @"Peter Jakacki"
    did not know how to edit.
  • @evanh
    Yes comport commands. Pain to work with. Parallax sold these some years ago, I can see why.
    There is ways to bundle the nitty-gritty to a more comfortable interface. That's where computer science steps in, you get things like libraries and frameworks out of it.

I gave a very basic example above where I showed how to simplify the sending of an ASCII string. Here is a simpler to use filled circle:
    pub filledcircle(x,y,rad,col)
          screen.tx($FF)
          screen.tx($CC)
          screen.tx(x>>8)
          screen.tx(x)
          screen.tx(y>>8)
          screen.tx(y)
          screen.tx(rad>>8)
          screen.tx(rad)
          screen.tx(col>>8)
          screen.tx(col)

• Thanks. I understand what you are suggesting and will try it. I have the original spin code written by parallax years ago.
    Was not able to understand how they did it so as to port it over. So I did it the hard way.
    Was a pain but a good exercise.
    I will post the original code shortly.
  • Great work! What module is this? What chipset?
  • 4Dsystems Oled 126-g2. Parallax sold them years ago. Out of Australia
  • CRST1CRST1 Posts: 103
    edited 2019-12-05 02:02
    [img][/img]pilot0315

I have one of the new 4D 7inch displays in my 66 mustang being fed from a Prop1.
    I'm not sure how your display works but with this on I send serial bytes in sequence for the gauge index and let the display set the gauge. If the first gauge has 100 frames I send the first byte as 50 to set the gauge at half scale. Don't know if the older ones can do this. Mine has a diablo processor.
    I'm just now trying to switch it over to a P2 I just got. Having problems understanding the smartpins for counting pulses and analog signals from the car.
    I'll post a pic of the display.
    3024 x 4032 - 4M
  • @CRST1
    4d systems likes to use their own software to program the screens. The programming is then stored on an sd card then manipulated by the user micro controller.
    With regards to the smart pins I am still learning them. One of the forum threads discussed the feedback servo:

SmartPin Mode %10000: Reading 360 Servo Feedback may help.
  • @CRST1

Nice display, btw!