Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Posting code — Parallax Forums

Posting code

I'm wondering how to post code like in this thread in the SPIN icon.
https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/170737/pixel-driver-update
Thanks
Aaron

Comments

• Below the text box, click the "Attach a file" link and follow the instructions to upload your code file.

Another way is to post the code inline, by clicking the "C" icon above the text box, and then copy/pasting your code inside the generated tags.

Image attached.
  • So, I'm assuming I could put a folder here that would include several SPIN programs and maybe a README
  • If you zip the folder, yes.

Or you could attach multiple files if you feel that would be appropriate. Just click the Attach a file" link for each file. There might be a limit to how many individual files you can attach per post, so if you hit the limit then maybe make a second post. Or zip a bunch of files together :)
  • AGCB wrote: »
    So, I'm assuming I could put a folder here that would include several SPIN programs and maybe a README

You could also use the "archive" in the Propeller Tool to create a zip file from a Spin program that uses multiple Spin files.
  • OK, I think I have it. I would make a folder on my computer with the SPIN programs and other files in it and then ZIP it, then attach that to the forum post. Right?
    Thanks
    Aaron
  • If all the Spin files are part of one Project, just go to "File">"Archive" in the Propeller Tool. This will create a .zip file with all files in the project. Your "Readme" can be a seperate attachment to the post.
  • AGCB wrote: »
    OK, I think I have it. I would make a folder on my computer with the SPIN programs and other files in it and then ZIP it, then attach that to the forum post. Right?
    Thanks
    Aaron

Yes, that's it. Give it a try !

@Publison 's suggestion is a good time-saver too, if you are using Propeller Tool to edit your SPIN code.