Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Self-introduction — Parallax Forums

Self-introduction

Hi, everyone!
I’m a student. I really like electronic products. It’s a honor to meet everyone in this forum. I want to learn more about electronic knowledge and make more friends here. I hope we can communicate each other in the future. Looking forward to our common progress!

Comments

• Welcome to the Parallax forums, Haloe.

What course are you studying? What are you working on right now?
  • Are you starting on the propeller or Stamp?
    Both are really great micros!
  • What's up Haloe, I'm a student as well! I'm a high school senior with a deep passion for electronics. While I am still very much a novice, I would gladly help you with anything I can. I'm also pretty new to the Parallax Propeller. Wish you the best of luck on your endeavors, cheers!
  • Sophomore in high school, I can testify to both of you that the propeller is positively amazing!
  • VonSzarvas wrote: »
    Welcome to the Parallax forums, Haloe.

What course are you studying? What are you working on right now?

Hi. My major is Electrical Engineering and Automation. And now I'm studying.
  • Are you starting on the propeller or Stamp?
    Both are really great micros!

I am a completely new to propeller. I want to learn about some relevant knowledge from zero to hero.
  • iamericmin wrote: »
    What's up Haloe, I'm a student as well! I'm a high school senior with a deep passion for electronics. While I am still very much a novice, I would gladly help you with anything I can. I'm also pretty new to the Parallax Propeller. Wish you the best of luck on your endeavors, cheers!

Hi, iamericmin . Such a coincidence. We can communicate each other in the future. Cheers!
  • Such an awesome time to be high or middle schooler if you are into tech like this. Had I not grown up in San Jose, Ca, I would have not likely had my hands on the Signetics 2650 mcu, IMSAI 8080 and other toys from that time lIke my hand wrapped Z80 with 16k dynamic ram. Now the stuff is everywhere! (Yeah, like a few here, I am fairly far down the continuum from high schools days) .

But seriously if you want to get a handle on the prop, download the prop ed materials from parallax (FOR FREE!! No less) Order a breadboard and parts called out therin and go to town. When it starts to make sense, start applying it to something that holds your interest. Ask questions, explore ideas. There exist really some very helpful people here who have probably somewhere had their hands on something of interest or you. Jump into the deep end and swim for it!

F

And no, I would not want to revert to HS days. Now is much more fun being able to play with the prop and having toys like the Analog explorer and surplus tek scopes. Stuff of dreams way back when........
  • Had I not grown up in San Jose, Ca

Frank - which high school?

Dave (Andrew Hill, class of '70)
  • Finished up at Branham, January 1977. Massive numbers of credits, out early.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    Massive numbers of credits, out early.

Showoff! :) JK

• You come to the right place. Parallax products and programmers are easy to use both Bs2 basic and spin. They make it easy to jump right into microcontrollers.
  • The first thing I ordered from Parallax was A Propeller-Breadboard-book-parts-set kit? whatever.

From there on I was hooked. Still am. Be aware of that, it is HIGHLY addictive.

Enjoy!

Mike