Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
And now for a new use for a board that normally works in strange ways — Parallax Forums

And now for a new use for a board that normally works in strange ways

Buck RogersBuck Rogers Posts: 2,160
edited 2019-09-03 21:55 in BASIC Stamp
Hello!
Take a look at this:
IMG_20190903_173135.jpg

It is of a board normally used for that strange board originally designed to run a dialect that combines the best of Processing and the difficult to ponder parts of C Plus-Plus. Naturally I stuck a Stamp1 carrier board on it, via Scotch and my breakout board for talking to a TI programmable. I promptly spun it up as a temporary solution to making the whole idea, on a Super board.

I originally planned to use it with a regular carrier board, but couldn't get it work with the original occupant, a modified prototype board for the same family.

My only problem is that the numbers on the LCD display aren't formatted as they are on when talking to a Stamp2. The display gets covered by the numbers, instead of being left column oriented.

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2019-09-03 22:09
    Buck, can you afford a better camera? :)

Can't make out a darn thing in the picture.
  • Why?
    No it came with the phone. I was going to use my regular one, but it can only be accessed by special software that does not run on this laptop.
    --
    Sign reads, "Mascot returns on Thursday."
  • Why?
    No it came with the phone. I was going to use my regular one, but it can only be accessed by special software that does not run on this laptop.

Your camera doesn't have a removable SD card that you can just plug into your computer and extract the images from?
  • Why?

Your camera doesn't have a removable SD card that you can just plug into your computer and extract the images from?

Hello!
    Yep. It predates memory cards by about twenty years. I do have a CF based one, but I rarely use it. Why? Did you look at the photo and have the same problem that Pub collided with? Ideally what's seen there, is a Stamp1 on its carrier board, stuck to the right of the breadboard with Scotch tape. And also held down by a 2-56 fastener which holds down the breakout board for the style of connector originally used on sound cards. I use it to connect a TI programmable in the 83 Plus series to either a Stamp1 one, (in this case) or a Stamp2 (also used but not here). The breadboard has on it connections to a LCD display which is a 27977-RT, the cable wired to it was also originally designed to connect sound cards to devices. I've used Dupont connectors on it to connect to the 27977-RT device. Power is connected to the 9V knucks on the back via a standard 9V battery inside a switched holder. I've used generic connectors to bring the holder to the carrier board, and the wiring was done up in a style that Mike Green described, which is how to wire a standard PCB attachable 9V connector to the board, (I don't remember but it is in the forum some place as applied to the HWB which at the time was unswitched.)

---
    Mascot supplied this before he left on vacation:Why do tribbles hiss when they are discovered by Klingons?