Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Load P2 via wifi? — Parallax Forums

Load P2 via wifi?

I just got a WX activity board and was thinking about testing out the load over wifi tools.

That made me wonder if we can load the P2 ES board over wifi using a parallax wifi module...

Does this capability already exist? If not, is it easily added?

Comments

• Rayman wrote: »
    I just got a WX activity board and was thinking about testing out the load over wifi tools.

That made me wonder if we can load the P2 ES board over wifi using a parallax wifi module...

Does this capability already exist? If not, is it easily added?
    It doesn't currently exist but it could be added. Actually, you might be able to do it by just making a telnet connection to the WX module and blasting data at the P2. You'd have to manually reset the P2 first though. Is there a defined pin for reset that could be wired to DTR?
  • FYI, the only reason the WX wifi module knows how to load the P1 is that the P1 loader protocol is very time sensitive and it works badly over a network connection. This probably isn't true of the P2 loader protocol so it is likely that all that is needed is a way to reset the P2. That would be simple to implement. Toggling DTR to reset the P1 already exists but I'm not sure it is available as a separate operation. It's usually used in conjunction with initiating a P1 load operation. All that would be needed is to add a separate command to just do the DTR reset by itself.
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,860
    Maybe the new ES board should have a WX module header on it?
  • Rayman wrote: »
    Maybe the new ES board should have a WX module header on it?
    That would be nice except that it sounds like it's already designed and in production.

• ElectrodudeElectrodude Posts: 1,621
    edited 2019-08-23 21:16
    Solder a header into the DTR and RESn holes near the P56-P63 header and make a wireless programming accessory board that plugs into both the DTR/RESn and the P56-P63 header.