Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
When will the new P2-ES boards be available? - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

When will the new P2-ES boards be available?

2»

Comments

• Hello everyone!

Forum special preview.... The whole collection of 64000-ES RevB files can be found here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pwAyxxXDKDzl9qWZ6eJPzqX0O-Gc0TjS

@W9GFO Step files and images included.

• Thanks @VonSzarvas! Rich can get started on new enclosures.
  • Hi,

Any chance to get an enclosure for the old board?

Kind regards, Samuel Lourenço
  • I'm sure @W9GFO can make one up for you when he builds the new one. They are done per order and sold through Esty.
  • Rayman Posts: 9,564
    2019-08-09 - 13:21:25 Flag
    I wonder if I can just change out the chip on my current ES board...

I was wondering If I could send Parallax my ES board and they could put in a new chip and would that be much cheaper than a brand new board?
  • Replacing the chip on your existing board would involve a lot of laborious hand rework, which is much more expensive than a whole new board manufactured by even the smallest scale assembly line techniques. At work I am the sort of guy who might replace your chip. They charge $150 an hour for my labor. (No, I don't make nearly that much, they are covering the infrastructure necessary to keep me supported in my job.)
  • evanhevanh Posts: 15,126
    The rev2 board has improvements as well, so I'd think they'd prefer to do use that anyway. The SD slot is in better place for fast data and the power supply is improved on the USB and I/O sections.
  • Rayman Posts: 9,564
    2019-08-09 - 13:21:25 Flag
    I wonder if I can just change out the chip on my current ES board...

I was wondering If I could send Parallax my ES board and they could put in a new chip and would that be much cheaper than a brand new board?

Before you destroy it, I buy it to ease your pain for a new one. A lot of the stuff I try to do need more then one P2 but don't need anything of rev B yet so I would be fine with rev A.

Mike
  • samuellsamuell Posts: 554
    edited 2019-08-22 11:07
    Plus, the Rev. A board has some historical value already, so it would be a shame to modify it. You should accept Mike's offer. You'll get an entire new board. It is a win-win.

Kind regards, Samuel Lourenço
  • W9GFO wrote: »
    I checked on the discounts. The discount for repeat customers expired after six months. I think what I will do is create a coupon code that is valid for 48hrs and send that to all previous customers, and I do want my previous customers to get a discount.

My reasoning for 48 hrs is that I think that a previous customer will probably know right away wether or not they want to order another enclosure, and the short time frame can allow a deeper discount.

Please give a heads up at least a week before you do the coupons. I guess you will be using our email address?
  • @W9GFO

The enclosure with the fan was great. I also will be purchasing at least two.