Wasn't there a competition regarding single servo based robots?

Hello!
I'm busily revising, (and revising) my midsummer planned project list, and I recall that there was single servo based robots as a competition here on this forum and in this category.

Besides being powered by that lucky single servo, what else would people be looking for? Obviously inventiveness qualifies.

----
And this message is being sponsored by the builders of Astromech robots at Industrial Automation.

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 19,515
    There was, sort of, unofficially. Didn't really have its own thread like Figure 8. One of mine below. Whatchagot?

"When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • Oh just a "thought experiment" concerning a single Parallax designed CR servo driven by an appropriate stamp. The servo itself spins the only drive wheel of course.

Regular wheels themselves surround it attached to a base of, would you believe Lego. In fact the wheels themselves are part of that catalog.

And of course the YouTube guessworks engine promptly took a guess that I was a strong Doctor Who fan.

Of course the strange part is that you did write that with help. Two cats, and a set of twins. The cats might even be......
    ----
    And this sponsored by the Chancellory Watch Marching and Chowder society.