Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2 design questions — Parallax Forums

BS2 design questions

Hello!
Okay, the items described in the thread. "Free Stuff" arrived today. Among the regular BS2 designs were 2 of the BS2P24 style, and 1 of BS2PE style. Am I correct in my belief that they would work in say a BoE board? And in the BS2 socket for the Super Carrier board? (Both came with BS2 devices socketed there.)

--
And this message delivered courtesy the Union of concerned Astromech droids.

Comments

• I believe they are pin compatible, yes. I have seen pictures of “special” stamps socketed on a BoE, and I myself have plugged a Javelin Stamp into a 24 pin stamp socket.
  • They should all be hardware compatible. The primary differences among the different Stamp models were in clock speed and additional software features. For example, the BS2p series (and above) had I2C statements. Any statements that incorporated a speed parameter like Baud would have to be changed. The Stamp Reference Manual has all the details.
  • Okay folks thank you. Especially yourself Mike.

But AC what's with that exceptionally bored domestic (regular cat) watching you type that out?

--
  • No cats, sorry :P!
  • Oh? Then the visitor must belong to a visiting friend of the family. Or the local Bob Cat union invaded.

-