Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
HomeSpun Compiler Open Source - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

HomeSpun Compiler Open Source

2»

Comments

• David BetzDavid Betz Posts: 14,511
    edited 2013-05-28 14:41
    Roy Eltham wrote: »
    @@@ is on the list to be supported by OpenSpin.
    Thanks Roy. That will make OpenSpin an option for compiling the output of PropBASIC.
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    edited 2013-05-28 15:19
    Poking around on my Pi just now reminds me that I have a version of your loader that can load a Propeller from the onboard (console) uart of the Raspberry Pi thus doing away with the need for a USB serial dongle. I don't know if you are intersted in sucking those modifications into your loader. I probably need to re-merge those mods into your latest version anyway. Perhaps that will end up on github as well:)
    edited 2013-05-28 15:22
    Heater. wrote: »
    Poking around on my Pi just now reminds me that I have a version of your loader that can load a Propeller from the onboard (console) uart of the Raspberry Pi thus doing away with the need for a USB serial dongle. I don't know if you are intersted in sucking those modifications into your loader. I probably need to re-merge those mods into your latest version anyway. Perhaps that will end up on github as well:)
    What did you have to change to get that to work? I would have thought that propeller-load would work with any serial port including real ones not implemented by USB dongles. Is it some kind of naming problem?
    edited 2013-05-28 15:24
    What did you have to change to get that to work? I would have thought that propeller-load would work with any serial port including real ones not implemented by USB dongles. Is it some kind of naming problem?
    edited 2013-05-28 15:38
    The problem with the Pi's console uart is that it has no DTR/CTC to use as a reset signal. I ended up driving a GPIO pin to do the reset. It's not such a big change. There may have been a problem with device detection/selection as this is /dev/ttyAMA0 which at least was not auto detected in SimpleIDE before Jazzed fixed it for me.
    edited 2013-05-28 15:52
    Here is a diff of my raspi version of loader and your version from last August. It does not show the GPIO tweaking which I put in another source file.
    Seems I did some messing around with dev names as well.
    Don't take this too seriously I have to check it over again.
    edited 2013-05-28 17:02
    The problem with the Pi's console uart is that it has no DTR/CTC to use as a reset signal. I ended up driving a GPIO pin to do the reset. It's not such a big change. There may have been a problem with device detection/selection as this is /dev/ttyAMA0 which at least was not auto detected in SimpleIDE before Jazzed fixed it for me.
    I guess it wouldn't be so bad to support another mechanism for reset. We already support both DTR and RTS. I could add yours in an #ifdef.
  • I have found a peculiar bug in homespun. Basically, when you want to QUIT a REPEAT/REPEAT-UNTIL/REPEAT-WHILE/REPEAT-FROM-TO, but there is a REPEAT-N between the top of the loop and the QUIT, the code for QUITing out of a REPEAT-N is generated. (it also happens the other way round - QUITing a REPEAT-N with a different kind of REPEAT inbetween)

I already submitted a patch and @yeti made a build of the patched version (attached here as a ZIP)
  • Old bug, new PR: https://github.com/ZiCog/HomeSpun/pull/2
    A new binary is included there and attached below.