Happy Easter and Thanks

WhitWhit Posts: 4,074
edited 2019-04-22 - 01:15:55 in General Discussion
Happy Easter from Robotics Under the Stole - https://roboticsunderthestole.blogspot.com/2019/04/happy-easter-2019-from-rus.html

Thanks to all of you for your steadfast presence here on the Forums, your wise counsel, and the encouraging joy that you constantly share!
Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Comments

• Happy Easter to you as well! Maybe I should try to get my priest interested in robotics as well! :smile:
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,074
    edited 2019-04-22 - 02:24:56
    @David Betz - That's better than getting your robot interested in being a priest...

Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
  • ercoerco Posts: 19,515
    Amen on all points, Brother Whit. Happy Easter, He is risen!
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • @erco - same to you and all the fam!
    Whit+

• Whit wrote: »
    @David Betz - That's better than getting your robot interested in being a priest...

I doubt that any robots I own would be up to the job.

David Betz wrote: »

@Whit: You really need to create a "conversion" kit to turn any capable Parallax robot (S2 and forward) into a...

Holy Roller.

"When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • Ha!
    Whit+

• erco wrote: »
    David Betz wrote: »

@Whit: You really need to create a "conversion" kit to turn any capable Parallax robot (S2 and forward) into a...

Holy Roller.
    If someone makes one of those conversion kits I won't be buying one. I have a preference for human priests. I suspect they will deliver much more interesting sermons! :smile:

• Amen to that!
    Windows 10 Home:
    Propeller Tool 1.3.2, BASIC Stamp Editor 2.5.4, Javelin Stamp IDE x.x.x, Arduino IDE, PST
    Hardware:
    BASIC Stamp Board of Education, Propeller Board of Education, Propeller Project Board, Propeller Mini

Me, a programmer in English class, asking for grammar help: “What is the syntax for this statement?”
    edited 2019-04-23 - 04:08:56

- Pablo Picasso
  • Thanks all for the fun!
    Whit+

• Happy Easter, from a random hotel in SoCal, a couple days late :)
    edited 2019-04-24 - 05:45:48
    At a minimum, you could program your robot to determine Easter dates. No small feat! BASIC program below from https://www.assa.org.au/edm#Computer

Sub EasterDate (d, m, y)

' EASTER DATE CALCULATION FOR YEARS 1583 TO 4099

' y is a 4 digit year 1583 to 4099
    ' d returns the day of the month of Easter
    ' m returns the month of Easter

' Easter Sunday is the Sunday following the Paschal Full Moon
    ' (PFM) date for the year

' This algorithm is an arithmetic interpretation of the 3 step
    ' Easter Dating Method developed by Ron Mallen 1985, as a vast
    ' improvement on the method described in the Common Prayer Book

' Because this algorithm is a direct translation of the
    ' official tables, it can be easily proved to be 100% correct

' This algorithm derives values by sequential inter-dependent
    ' calculations, so ... DO NOT MODIFY THE ORDER OF CALCULATIONS!

' The \ operator may be unfamiliar - it means integer division
    ' for example, 30 \ 7 = 4 (the remainder is ignored)

' All variables are integer data types

' It's free! Please do not modify code or comments!
    ' ==========================================================
    Dim FirstDig, Remain19, temp 'intermediate results
    Dim tA, tB, tC, tD, tE 'table A to E results

FirstDig = y \ 100 'first 2 digits of year
    Remain19 = y Mod 19 'remainder of year / 19

' calculate PFM date
    temp = (FirstDig - 15) \ 2 + 202 - 11 * Remain19

Select Case FirstDig
    Case 21, 24, 25, 27 To 32, 34, 35, 38
    temp = temp - 1
    Case 33, 36, 37, 39, 40
    temp = temp - 2
    End Select
    temp = temp Mod 30

tA = temp + 21
    If temp = 29 Then tA = tA - 1
    If (temp = 28 And Remain19 > 10) Then tA = tA - 1

'find the next Sunday
    tB = (tA - 19) Mod 7

tC = (40 - FirstDig) Mod 4
    If tC = 3 Then tC = tC + 1
    If tC > 1 Then tC = tC + 1

temp = y Mod 100
    tD = (temp + temp \ 4) Mod 7

tE = ((20 - tB - tC - tD) Mod 7) + 1
    d = tA + tE

'return the date
    If d > 31 Then
    d = d - 31
    m = 4
    Else
    m = 3
    End If

End Sub

- Pablo Picasso
  • Very impressive find, erco!
    Whit+