Priciest BS2 Ever?

$15K... and it's no longer made, according to the description. Just $625 for 24 months. :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/332495360552
"When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso

Comments

• At least it has free shipping!
    Infernal Machine
  • I was hoping there would be a "Make an Offer" button.
    Re-inventing the wheel is not a waste of time if, when you are done, you understand why it is round.
  • That must be a typo probably suppose to be $15.00 I'm guessing. I bet Parallax wishes they where getting $15K a pop for the BS2.
  • There's something strange about that particular offer. In fact there's everything strange about that site. (Sorry Erco!)
  • I love their slogan: "Quality Equipment at Bargain Prices."

-Phil
    “Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
  • Price now reduced to US $44.95.
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 15,412
    edited 2019-03-24 - 06:18:29
    And he has more than qty 10.

Wonder what my Motorola XC88100 engineering samples from 1988 are worth - haven't been made for well over 20 years ;)
    My Prop boards: P8XBlade2, RamBlade, CpuBlade, TriBlade
    Prop OS (also see Sphinx, PropDos, PropCmd, Spinix)
    Prop Tools (Index) , Emulators (Index) , ZiCog (Z80)
  • Sounds like he bought a lot at an auction and is now trying to get the best price possible. Better to start high and drop the price than to start low and find you could have got more.
    In science there is no authority. There is only experiment.
    Life is unpredictable. Eat dessert first.
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 10,969
    edited 2019-03-24 - 16:52:51
    Wonder if he knows the BS2P24 is still around:

https://www.parallax.com/product/bs2p24

It will run 20 year old programs. :) Wonder if the latest Basic Stamp IDE still identifies it.

I still have a couple of Intel 8008 and 4004's from the 70's. I used to get ~$100 a piece on ebay.
    Infernal Machine
  • ercoerco Posts: 19,520
    I PM'ed him yesterday that I needed a bunch for a class at$15K each... :)

Since then, per Whit, he dropped his price to $45, with 10+ available.

He replied today:

I have 18 left - Give you the lot for $539.82

That's $30 each, if anyone needs 18! :)
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
    Best news all day!

%24tamp.png
    800 x 540 - 93K

- Pablo Picasso
  • This is what the LOL-bot was invented for.
  • I suspect he lowered the price because I reported it as a fraudulent offer. ;-)
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
    I was hoping we would make me a righteous deal... like maybe two for $25,000!

- Pablo Picasso