Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Whereabouts of the PBASIC2pe interpreter... — Parallax Forums

Whereabouts of the PBASIC2pe interpreter...

Went looking for the aforementioned chip and can no longer find it in the Store.

No mention of it being discontinued either on the main company website or in any searches performed on the Forum.

Parallax sales has been queried. Anyone here on the Forum have any info/insight?

Thanks much,

DJ

Comments

• We've likely run out of stock of SX chips, which were used for this PBASIC interpreter chip.

I can verify tomorrow if you'd like.

Ken Gracey
  • Ken Gracey wrote: »
    I can verify tomorrow if you'd like.

Sir, appreciate it.

I knew the SX chips were being depleted, but I never saw an official discontinued announcement for the BS2pe interpreter.

Dave

• We may not have made a notice due to low volume, so you probably didn't miss it.

These really ended 15 years ago, but we held inventory for a long time to keep projects going.

If you have a severe need to get out of a bind please contact me via e-mail kgracey@parallax.com. Often, there's a backup plan to the backup plan, for the backup plan.

Ken Gracey
  • Ken Gracey wrote: »
    If you have a severe need to get out of a bind please contact me via e-mail...

Thanks, will do.

Dave

• ercoerco Posts: 20,250
    Ken Gracey wrote: »
    Often, there's a backup plan to the backup plan, for the backup plan.

That's my Parallax! I rarely go deeper than two backup plans myself. :)

• Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2019-03-14 23:18
    I might have a couple. How many do you need?

-Phil

Addendum: I have seven, all of which (I believe) are programmed with a 2.7V brownout reset so they can operate at either 3.3V or 5V. Six of them came with a note from Parallax to use a 1K pull-up resistor on the EEPROM (not sure why). These are left over from developing the BASIC Stamp 2pe Motherboard. I can send any or all to you free of charge.
  • erco wrote: »
    That's my Parallax! I rarely go deeper than two backup plans myself. :)

Yea, well, they totally saved me and my "no-backup-plan"!

• I might have a couple. How many do you need?

Hi Phil - thank you for your kind offer.

I was able to purchase enough (on a favor) from Sales to keep my product alive until I figure out a replacement.

Regards,

Dave