ADALM2000 a USB 12bit ADCs/DACs 100 MSPS 2-channels comming soon for $99

2»

Comments

  • My card just got charged for delivery from Singapore 1-8-2018. Maybe it's going to happen? :)
    Infernal Machine
  • This is nail biting. I've been waiting for you to get one in your hands and give it a shake down before I pull the trigger on ordering on for myself.
  • That's exciting! I remember one of your posts about it quite a while ago now, glad they are finally able to hit production. So would this be roughly 4 times the sample rate of what the prop scope is capable of?
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 10,689
    edited 2018-06-16 - 22:48:08
    This thing may never see the light of day. No new updates except for a few entries in github for the firmware a month ago. That may be a good sign.

    Glad I bought my Saleae Logic Pro a year ago.
    Infernal Machine
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 10,689
    edited 2019-02-09 - 12:32:54
    Old thread--New news.
    These things are shipping! My UPS tracking tells me delivery by end of day Monday. It actually shipped from California, not Singapore. Digikey and Mouser still show Qty 0.

    What a long two years it's been.
    Infernal Machine
  • It is real! UPS just dropped it off.
    Infernal Machine
  • Anyone know what FPGA is inside these?
  • Tubular wrote: »
    Anyone know what FPGA is inside these?

    I'll try to do a tear down this weekend.
    Infernal Machine
  • I googled a bit Publison, looks like probably Xilinx

    Pity, if it was Altera or Lattice we could easily squeeze a P1V in there
  • I looked at compiling P1 sources for Xilinx devices. I can't remember which branch I have but I did a test compile for a Spartan6 SLX9. Looking on digikey they're about $17 -$20 in a 144LQFP fwiw.

    If you can figure out which FPGA I can see if it will build under ISE. Find a JTAG port and use the JTAGulator code to get the chip info maybe?

    2 years is quite the turnaround time, I hope it's worth the wait! Looks like a pretty sweet device, let us know how it works. I still find my logic 8 one of my favorite tools in my toolbox. I really wish I'd gotten the Pro but works for my needs.


  • Tubular wrote: »
    I googled a bit Publison, looks like probably Xilinx

    Pity, if it was Altera or Lattice we could easily squeeze a P1V in there

    Yup, Xilinx.
    1560 x 2080 - 2M
    Infernal Machine
  • It's the same chip as on the Trenz Propeller compatible board.
    So there should be a P1V adaption for the ZYNC FPGA/SOC. A Xilinx version of P1V exists since years, and you need this Xilinx port also for Lattice FPGAs.

    Andy
  • Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,311
    edited 2019-02-13 - 23:22:47
    I do wonder how significant are the differences between this and the now well established Analog Discovery versions 1 and 2. It sounds nearly identical despite two years of gestation. Souped up? How good is the documentation, and does it allow you to follow along with the same engineering curriculum?

    From the original Analog Discovery 39 page detailed technical manual:
    <https://reference.digilentinc.com/_media/analog_discovery:analog_discovery_rm.pdf>;
    The core of the Analog Discovery is the Xilinx® Spartan®-6 FPGA (specifically, the XC6SLX16-1L device). The WaveForms software automatically programs Discovery's FPGA at start-up with a configuration file designed to implement a multi-function test and measurement instrument. Once programmed, the FPGA communicates with the PC-based Waveforms software via a USB2.0 connection. The Waveforms software works with the FPGA to control all the functional blocks of the Analog Discovery, including setting parameters, acquiring data, and transferring and storing data.
  • I do wonder how significant are the differences between this and the now well established Analog Discovery versions 1 and 2. It sounds nearly identical despite two years of gestation. Souped up? How good is the documentation, and does it allow you to follow along with the same engineering curriculum?

    From the original Analog Discovery 39 page detailed technical manual:
    <https://reference.digilentinc.com/_media/analog_discovery:analog_discovery_rm.pdf>;
    The core of the Analog Discovery is the Xilinx® Spartan®-6 FPGA (specifically, the XC6SLX16-1L device). The WaveForms software automatically programs Discovery's FPGA at start-up with a configuration file designed to implement a multi-function test and measurement instrument. Once programmed, the FPGA communicates with the PC-based Waveforms software via a USB2.0 connection. The Waveforms software works with the FPGA to control all the functional blocks of the Analog Discovery, including setting parameters, acquiring data, and transferring and storing data.

    The documentation as it is now make you visit each chapter and print it out. Spent three hours so far. I'll generate a single PDF later for those that want it.
    Infernal Machine
  • Ariba wrote: »
    It's the same chip as on the Trenz Propeller compatible board.
    So there should be a P1V adaption for the ZYNC FPGA/SOC. A Xilinx version of P1V exists since years, and you need this Xilinx port also for Lattice FPGAs.

    Andy

    So we can do a Prop Logic Analyzer or a PropScope in this box? :)
    Infernal Machine
  • cheezus wrote: »
    I looked at compiling P1 sources for Xilinx devices. I can't remember which branch I have but I did a test compile for a Spartan6 SLX9. Looking on digikey they're about $17 -$20 in a 144LQFP fwiw.

    If you can figure out which FPGA I can see if it will build under ISE. Find a JTAG port and use the JTAGulator code to get the chip info maybe?

    2 years is quite the turnaround time, I hope it's worth the wait! Looks like a pretty sweet device, let us know how it works. I still find my logic 8 one of my favorite tools in my toolbox. I really wish I'd gotten the Pro but works for my needs.


    Yea, I bought a Logic 16 Pro while waiting for this thing. The Analog device might collect some dust. :)
    Infernal Machine
Sign In or Register to comment.