Having a hard time finding documentation on SETSE

I'm having a really hard time finding any documentation on how to use this instruction. I found the rows in the spreadsheet for the instructions but that doesn't tell me anything about what to pass into the parameter. I looked through the word doc manual as well and couldn't find anything at all describing how to use these selectable events. Is there something already written up?
David
PropWare: C++ HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) for PropGCC; Robust build system using CMake; Integrated Simple Library, libpropeller, and libPropelleruino (Arduino port); Instructions for Eclipse and JetBrain's CLion; Example projects; Doxygen documentation
CI Server: https://ci.zemon.name?guest=1

Comments

• ElectrodudeElectrodude Posts: 1,290
    edited 2019-01-12 - 06:24:59
    It's under the heading "POLLSE1/WAITSE1 event flag" in the "Parallax Propeller 2 Documentation v32" google doc you linked to. I agree that it's not in a great place - it took me a while to find it - I saw that heading but didn't see the information underneath it because I didn't expect the information to be there.
  • Welcome aboard. :)

There is a number of useful tidbits about Pnut rules at the bottom of the instructions.txt file with the FPGA files too. Here's the current edition:
    I love the whooshing sound of deadlines as they fly by.
  • Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 8,727
    edited 2019-01-12 - 09:43:25
    Funnily enough I was searching through all that info earlier on in the day as I'm building interrupt support into TAQOZ so that you can write a high-level or a PASM function that can be called by an interrupt. I'm using this to create a high level background timer even though I know I could use another cog, but it's a good test.

I PDF the main P2 documents and instructions every so often for quick and easy reference but I noticed that there were about 6 or more anonymous users on at the time that seem to have edit permissions since there was some random characters at their cursors. We need to keep this document clean and just update an online PDF version whenever necessary.

Tachyon Forth - compact, fast, forthwright and interactive
    useforthlogo-s.png
    P2 --- The LOT --- TAQOZ INTRO & LINKS --- P2 SHORTFORM DATASHEET --- TAQOZ RELOADED - 64kB binary with room to spare
    P1 --- Latest Tachyon with EASYFILE --- Tachyon Forth News Blog --- More
    paypal.png PayPal me
    Brisbane, Australia
  • Instructions v32 PDF file
  • Try this one, I've resized the diagram font to fit a printed page:
    I love the whooshing sound of deadlines as they fly by.
  • and these are the PDFs for the actual spreadsheet formatted to fit in landscape as well as the P2 document.

Tachyon Forth - compact, fast, forthwright and interactive
    useforthlogo-s.png
    P2 --- The LOT --- TAQOZ INTRO & LINKS --- P2 SHORTFORM DATASHEET --- TAQOZ RELOADED - 64kB binary with room to spare
    P1 --- Latest Tachyon with EASYFILE --- Tachyon Forth News Blog --- More
    paypal.png PayPal me
    Brisbane, Australia
  • It's under the heading "POLLSE1/WAITSE1 event flag" in the "Parallax Propeller 2 Documentation v32" google doc you linked to. I agree that it's not in a great place - it took me a while to find it - I saw that heading but didn't see the information underneath it because I didn't expect the information to be there.

Yep, there we go. Thank you.
    David
    PropWare: C++ HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) for PropGCC; Robust build system using CMake; Integrated Simple Library, libpropeller, and libPropelleruino (Arduino port); Instructions for Eclipse and JetBrain's CLion; Example projects; Doxygen documentation
    CI Server: https://ci.zemon.name?guest=1
  • Funnily enough I was searching through all that info earlier on in the day as I'm building interrupt support into TAQOZ so that you can write a high-level or a PASM function that can be called by an interrupt. I'm using this to create a high level background timer even though I know I could use another cog, but it's a good test.

I PDF the main P2 documents and instructions every so often for quick and easy reference but I noticed that there were about 6 or more anonymous users on at the time that seem to have edit permissions since there was some random characters at their cursors. We need to keep this document clean and just update an online PDF version whenever necessary.

Very interested in the interrupt support Peter. Hoping to see so info on that in the TAQOZ thread soon.

C.W.