Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
My wife says I have to clean my desk... - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

My wife says I have to clean my desk...

2»

Comments

• erco wrote: »
    My workbench is two of these on either end holding up a worksurface.

Andrew, you can just say DOOR, we know exactly what you mean. :)

Haha, good one Erco. It is actually aIkea Linnmon worktop sitting on two wood bedrails for added support. And it does have a full ESD mat.
    About two years ago, I bought a pallet full of demo/old stock from the Ikea scratch and dent area. Paid $40 and the "new" stuff alone was worth of $800. Ended up with 4 of those invisible mount wall shelves still wrapped.

Wow. I didn't know they had one.
  • Thanks, @DavidZemon for beginning this helpful thread. This thread also proved very beneficial to me as well.
  • Food containers make pretty good stowaway boxes for all sorts of things. They're generally cheap and come in all shapes, sizes, materials, colours, etc.
  • DZ a question:
    Was this problem solved?

---
    Sponsors are on extended break, back in two months.
  • DavidZemonDavidZemon Posts: 2,973
    edited 2018-12-21 16:46
    Not exactly...

IMG_20181220_120419.jpg

But soon. Maybe beginning of January
    1439 x 1079 - 293K
  • DZ?
    What was that? Your message was sent but no image arrived.

R2D2 family sponsor says check the translators on your method of image insert.
  • DZ?
    What was that? Your message was sent but no image arrived.

R2D2 family sponsor says check the translators on your method of image insert.

Ah, I see the problem when I use a private browser. I guess Google finally fixed the problem where I can share a photo that is supposed to be private by doing the "right click" -> "copy link to image". Fixed now.
  • Alright... major progress today and yesterday. I bought a new desk - almost exactly like my old one - that has a different leg design. This allows a filing cabinet underneath as well as the ability to mount a custom
    PC shelf under the corner. That has FINALLY made room for my electronics cabinets!!! That's the first time they've ventured out of basement storage since we moved over a year ago.

I also bought one of these but it won't be here for a week. If it's wide enough to fit the electronics cabinets, they'll get moved off of my desk. I'm also going to get a bunch of small baskets to keep things organized within the large cabinet.

Anyway, here's the update! Lots of clutter out-of-frame still, but that will all go in the large cabinet.

IMG_20190101_192706.jpg
    594165_p_storage_cabinet.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 4M
    1160 x 1160 - 192K
  • yes @DavidZemon,

indeed a improvement, cool.

I have a glass desk too. They are nice but you will find out that they dust in quite fast and NOT look as shiny as in your picture.

Since the prices of flat screen TVs go down I am currently thinking about building a new Desk using of my existing glass to protect some Wallmart TVs, just need to build some frames.

Enjoy!

Mike
  • You shoulda been much slower to get the desk done. Now she will be on you to get the wall painted. and then she will want .......
  • You shoulda been much slower to get the desk done. Now she will be on you to get the wall painted. and then she will want .......

Actually that splash of color was added while I was building the desk. She spent the day prepping the walls for paint. Tonight is probably going to be paint the dining room night.
  • Nice. I am arguing in a strange language with a green eyed monster*.

My work area is in fact where I am now. Living room of my apartment. While my older sister is no longer shocked at the stuff that shows up here, only frequent reminders to keep up appearances, the folks behind the apartment, long story, must be told in PM, are constantly in that pose, also obfuscated and clearly flustered.
    ----
    The "green eyed monster" was described in one of the Bard's plays as an explanation for jealousy. I'll leave all of you to figure out which one.
  • DavidZemonDavidZemon Posts: 2,973
    edited 2019-03-17 02:23
    The transformation is finally complete! MUCH better! I was purposefully hiding what was to the right of the previous photo because it was more junk on a small desk made out of scrap wood. The scrap desk is now gone!

IMG_20190316_211845.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M