Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P2 DEVICE DRIVER ERROR — Parallax Forums

P2 DEVICE DRIVER ERROR

Device not found. Any ideas. I have downloaded the files from parallax that has the examples and the Pnut. I am running windows 7.
See attached.
Thanks.

Comments

• RaymanRayman Posts: 13,805
    I'd unplug all Prop devices and then re-install the FTDI drivers.
    Re-installing the P1 Prop Tool can install the drivers...
  • I will try that thanks.
  • Definitely unplug everything.

Install, restart, plug device in. Windows should load the driver at that time.

From there, it should recognize the devices with no prompts.
  • My p2 is on com 11 the Pnut says none on 1 through 9. Can't see on Pnut how to to change
    the com port.
    804 x 843 - 69K
  • Found com port but it only goes from 1 to 9
  • You have to change the USB com port in device manager. Set it to a low com port and pnut will work fine.
  • Thanks. That worked. BTW potatohead, do you have more PASM tutorial stuff??.
    It was suggested that I use the parallax serial terminal with the Pnut. Is there anything special that I need to do
    to link the two??
  • I do not. At that time desilva wrote a lot, and I just introduced it.

May reconsider for P2. :D
  • Thanks. But about linking the serial terminal to the Pnut. How is that done?
    I have also looked at other suggested ide's but am having trouble getting them to work.
    Also do you have a P2 pasm example that makes the lights continue to blink. I am note sure the
    example from parallax is working. Two light stay on the go out. Do I need to scope them to see the
    blink?
    Thanks
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,805
    PST is an independent program from Pnut. But, PST will automatically disconnect whenever it loses focus.

I think the other IDE's need loader fixing to work with new eval board...
  • potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 10,253
    edited 2018-12-24 19:53
    Yeah, with PST, you need a little delay, say 3 to 5 seconds. Gives you time to connect PST.

I should get a board today. As more of us ramp up, there should be some code to mooch.

If I were you pilot, post up what you got. We can help.

Do not worry about quality, etc.. nobody will care. We want to get going on the P2. Lots to show and tell over the next few months.

• pilot0315 wrote: »
    Also do you have a P2 pasm example that makes the lights continue to blink. I am note sure the
    example from parallax is working. Two light stay on the go out. Do I need to scope them to see the
    blink?
    Thanks

This should blink P58.
    dat	org
    	hubset 	#0		'use RCFAST
    blink	waitx	##10_000_000	'delay 0.5 sec (at RCFAST)
    	drvnot	#58		'flip output P58
    	jmp	#blink		'loop

• thanks that tells me that the p2 is working.

All good

Martin.

Also puts me on the path.

Do there is no try.